New member, need to identify tractor!

/ New member, need to identify tractor! #1  

PierreR

Tractor
IHC 3414
Hello everyone!

I'm new on this board, and I hope to have help with my tractor.

I bought an old International tractor last year. It runs well, but the brakes need repair, most gages don't work, and there's an oil leak from the steering column. Ok, OK,... it runs not so well!

Before I buy the machine manuals to start repairs, I need to make sure what model it is. I couldn't find any indication about the tractor model, except that it is a IH tractor. Only on the backhoe can I see the "international 3130" mention. From various comments made by other people, I can guess that it's a IH 3414, but from pictures I could find, I didn't see an identical tractor.

I post a couple pictures to this post in hopes someone can confirm that I indeed have an IH 3414 tractor. If someone could give me the year of the tractor that would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance

PierreR

js1024_IMG_0080.jpgIMG_4251.jpg

/ New member, need to identify tractor! #2  
:welcome:

/ New member, need to identify tractor! #3  
First off your rear tires are on backwards.

/ New member, need to identify tractor! #5  
You can also go by serial numbers so look for those and either look them up or go to an IH shop and get some input.

/ New member, need to identify tractor! #6  
Welcome to TBN:thumbsup:

/ New member, need to identify tractor! #7  
:wave::welcome::cool2: If you swap your rear tires side to side it will work wonders.

/ New member, need to identify tractor!
Thanks gents !

I didn`t know about the tires' direction. I`ll swap them for sure.

Where should I look for the serial number? I don't see any numbers, except this one on the engine's block: 3040912R4

PierreR

/ New member, need to identify tractor! #9  
Thanks gents !

I didn`t know about the tires' direction. I`ll swap them for sure.

Where should I look for the serial number? I don't see any numbers, except this one on the engine's block: 3040912R4

PierreR

That is hard to know for sure, perhaps post a new posting specifically in the IH forum and likely someone will know.

You will likely come across several serial numbers as you already have. Engine, FEL, transmission, etc. make clear note of all of them for future reference.

Good luck on finding the frame / tractor serial number.

/ New member, need to identify tractor!
Thanks Gary/JD4520!

I posted in the IH forum, and I got answers quick!

I got accurate replys and confirmed my tractor is indeed an IH 3414 from the early 60s

Thanks for the advise!

PierreR