580 case backhoe won"t move

/ 580 case backhoe won"t move #2  
Welcome to TBN.

Message posted with TractorByNet v1.6.2 for iPad

/ 580 case backhoe won"t move #3  
:welcome: to TBN

/ 580 case backhoe won"t move #4  
Well, I've made the following mistake on my Case 480F- you have to put it in gear at two different places. First, on the floor shift in picking a gear. Second, on the column between forward or reverse. Brain fart on my part, but another TBN member reminded me. (I only use it about once a year). Hope this is your problem too.

/ 580 case backhoe won"t move #5  
Back wo"t move when you put it in gear

Welcome. Try all the other functions of the FEL and hoe and if they work your pump should be working. Lift the tires and see if you can get them to turn when just in the air. When you shift from forward to reverse and back does it make any sounds when your wheels are off the ground?

/ 580 case backhoe won"t move #6  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ 580 case backhoe won"t move #7  
Welcome to TractorByNet! :)

I moved your thread to the Construction Equipment forum.

/ 580 case backhoe won"t move #9  
I had a 580G that did something once long time ago . I think the shuttle linkage fell apart but it felt like it was engaging ?

/ 580 case backhoe won"t move #10  
I just bought a 68 580 CK that was sitting when the guy I bought it from bought it and it has issues with the fuel pump timing and I guess that's why he sold it. Anyway, when I bought it the guy had changed all of the filters only to find out that there was water in the hydraulic fluid from a bad shifter boot. I ran it to test everything and to drive it on and off the trailer, well after it was run for a while it started having problems going into gear and I suspect it's because of water in the fluid and I had to rev it up to get it to move. Check your fluids and go from there. I hope this helps. Make sure you use the right fluid or at least some that's compatible with Case machines.