Takeuchi TL 12 vs Bobcat T870

/ Takeuchi TL 12 vs Bobcat T870 #1  

oldsoapman

Tractor
Kubuta BX23, Deere 323
Anyone have any experience with the TL12? I have read everything on the forum about the T870 but cant find much on the TL12?

I saw a TL10 at a trade show. Seemed to be well built. I loved the door raising straight up instead of swinging out.

Thoughts comments?

/ Takeuchi TL 12 vs Bobcat T870 #2  
I've never seen Takeuchi other than in magazines. You might try heavy equipment forums, I have read some posts over there on them.

Is there a dealer near by? Support means a lot. Around here I see a lot of Bobcat and Deere, next would probably be New Holland and some Case, the only tracked ones I've seen were Deere and Bobcat. IMO partly due to support, all have strong support locally, the less support the fewer machines I see.

Here is one such post.
http://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?5449-Takeuchi-Parts

/ Takeuchi TL 12 vs Bobcat T870
I have a John Deere 323 now that is for sale. It only has 100 hours on it. I have decided I want cab with heat and air. This has caused me to want a bigger stronger machine as well. The Deere has been great only 95 hours it. We have good dealer support for Deere, Bobcat, Case, and Takeuchi. I have made a similar post already on the heavy equipment forums. So far no response. I dont think Takeuchi is as well know as the others. Deere is not as popular in our area but the Dealer is great now so that will change.

I have demoed the T870 and fell in love with the 11 mph transport speed. I have 181 acres in woods that I am cutting trails in. Getting back to my 6 way blade or stump bucket can be quite a long drive sometimes.

thx for the input!

/ Takeuchi TL 12 vs Bobcat T870 #4  
My understanding is that the Takeuchi (spelling) makes the Gehl CTLs. I have ran some of the gehls and I thought I had excellent side view when grading. No experience on the maintance side, these where rentals for weekend side hussles.

/ Takeuchi TL 12 vs Bobcat T870 #5  
IMO then Bobcat is the way to go. I can't speak of current machines, but of the 3 brands I have run the most Bobcat was the heaviest machine. Which if that still holds true would be the machine I would think you would want. I know around here Deere and New Holland are also popular because they were/are "lighter" and the wheeled ones of the vintage I ran were as fast or faster than any others. I still like both of there forward lift vs the bobcat, but that just might be because I'm most familiar with that (back 15-20 years ago New Holland made the Deere skidsteers).

/ Takeuchi TL 12 vs Bobcat T870 #6  
You should post your question over at http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18. Quite a few of the folks online there have both of the models you're looking at. You may want to take a look at the Kubota SVL75 and SVL90 as well. Both have the flip-up door like the Tak. I've run both of the Kubotas quite a bit in the last year. Pretty strong units.

/ Takeuchi TL 12 vs Bobcat T870 #7  
My understanding is that the Takeuchi (spelling) makes the Gehl CTLs. I have ran some of the gehls and I thought I had excellent side view when grading. No experience on the maintance side, these where rentals for weekend side hussles.

Gehl/Mustang now makes their own CTL. They're coming out with a 2500lb ROC machine this month to go with the two other models, 1700 and 2100lb ROC.

/ Takeuchi TL 12 vs Bobcat T870 #8  
I have run a TL10 and it is a nice machine, it replaces the TL240 and the TL12 replaces the TL250. I asked the gu that owns the TL10 why he didn't get the bigger TL12 and his feeling was that for the little bit of added hp, longer track frame and a little more lift height it really wasn't worth spending 10 thousand more dollars on the 12. If I were to buy a new ctl for myself I'd look at the 10, 12, and the Kubota Svl90. It really all boils down to what you need the machine to do and wich one is most effective at accomplishing the jobs that need to be done.

/ Takeuchi TL 12 vs Bobcat T870 #9  
IMO then Bobcat is the way to go. I can't speak of current machines, but of the 3 brands I have run the most Bobcat was the heaviest machine. Which if that still holds true would be the machine I would think you would want. I know around here Deere and New Holland are also popular because they were/are "lighter" and the wheeled ones of the vintage I ran were as fast or faster than any others. I still like both of there forward lift vs the bobcat, but that just might be because I'm most familiar with that (back 15-20 years ago New Holland made the Deere skidsteers).

I wouldn't go for the bobcat, I bought one new in the uk in July 2014, the front door bust three times then a track motor went, bobcat didn't have one anywhere globally, took two months to repair and wasn't running right when they brought it back.......a very capable machine but utterly diabolical support from bobcat!

Richard