Kubota SVL90-2 or Takuchi TL10, opinions wanted...

/ Kubota SVL90-2 or Takuchi TL10, opinions wanted... #1  

Tags

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX2360/ Kubota SVL90-2/ Kobelco 115SR/ Takeuchi TB260
I'm getting ready to purchase a new CTL and am currently demoing the SVL90, I will be using it this coming week to move some fill and to install a couple of lawns. The Tak dealer will be out this week to give me pricing and a demo of the TL10. The 90 is quite an impressive piece of equipment and looks like it is incredibly easy to work on compared to othe brands I've seen. The Kubota dealer is also much closer than the Tak dealer. Anyone with opinions on either machine please chime in.

/ Kubota SVL90-2 or Takuchi TL10, opinions wanted...
Wow! Really, not one opinion, I'm shocked! Well demoed the Kubota SVL90 the last couple of days and it is for sure an incredibly nice machine. It pushes into a pile with no problem, the cab is huge, and it is a very quiet machine. I have run the TL10 to but only for a couple of hours,it has an equally big cab, an extra set of aux. hydraulic lines, but lifts 6" less than the 90. I am definitely leaning toward the Kubota at this point.

/ Kubota SVL90-2 or Takuchi TL10, opinions wanted... #3  
Is the pricing similar? What is the dealer support like? I've heard plenty of good things about the new Kubota machines but don't own one myself so can't say.

The pricing is very close between the two, the Tak dealer is 1 1/2 hrs away and the Kubota dealer is 40 min away. But I think any Kubota dealer would cary filters for the 90 but every Kubota dealer doesn't sell the tracked skid steers...

/ Kubota SVL90-2 or Takuchi TL10, opinions wanted... #5  
Any Kubota dealer will be able to get parts and filters. I vote to go with the Kubota since the dealer is closer and I just like Kubota. Haha

/ Kubota SVL90-2 or Takuchi TL10, opinions wanted... #6  
Hows the kubotas side vision. I used a gehl ctl made my takeuchi, had excellent view to the sides when grading.

The visibility is excellent on both, but i believe the Kubotas rear end is lower so its easier to see out the back. As far as side vision is concerned, the cabs are both wide so it gives a good angle to the corners of the bucket.

/ Kubota SVL90-2 or Takuchi TL10, opinions wanted... #8  
Been nearly 2 years since last post.
I am looking at the SVL 90-2.
Any updates?
Did you get it and what do you think of it? It would be using it for forestry mastication.
If you did get it, how has repairs/mx on it been?
Did you get the high flow hydraulics or just the normal?

/ Kubota SVL90-2 or Takuchi TL10, opinions wanted... #9  
Been nearly 2 years since last post.
I am looking at the SVL 90-2.
Any updates?
Did you get it and what do you think of it? It would be using it for forestry mastication.
If you did get it, how has repairs/mx on it been?
Did you get the high flow hydraulics or just the normal?

Take a real hard look. The insides of the loader towers are completely open to the engine compartment. I'm friends with the owner of a Kubota dealership and he has said that they have had multiple machines catch fire in brush cutting applications because the debris gets sucked into the engine bay through the loader towers right onto the DPF and turbo.