Concrete Mixers

/ Concrete Mixers #1  

TrevorM

Tractor
Kubota
Hello All, I was a member here years ago when I bought my Kubota (still love my tractor). I own a flighting company out of Rosetown, Saskatchewan, Canada. I am looking for a trailer type concrete mixer, 1-2 bag capacity. I found most on the market tow horribly because of the narrow wheel width and they are top heavy. I am looking for any information of some towable concrete mixers that tow better. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot.

/ Concrete Mixers #2  
Welcome to TBN.:tractor:

/ Concrete Mixers #3  
Hello All, I was a member here years ago when I bought my Kubota (still love my tractor). I own a flighting company out of Rosetown, Saskatchewan, Canada. I am looking for a trailer type concrete mixer, 1-2 bag capacity. I found most on the market tow horribly because of the narrow wheel width and they are top heavy. I am looking for any information of some towable concrete mixers that tow better. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot.

Goto to mixright.com. They look pricy though. Welcome to TractorByNet.

/ Concrete Mixers #5  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Construction Equipment forum. :)

/ Concrete Mixers #6  
I don't think you are going to find anything that size that's really towable. Are we talking about on road (truck) towing or off road (tractor)? In that size, nothing is really going to be towable.

I have a Harbor Freight 3-1/2 cu ft mixer and it will handle two bags. It looks like you would expect a cheap Chinese mixer to look, but it works fine. It's light enough to move easily and you could either load it onto a small utility trailer or a 3 point platform.

/ Concrete Mixers #8  
What's a flighting company? Birds? Airplanes?[/QUOTE said:
I think flighting is the material that spirals around grain augers etc.

/ Concrete Mixers #9  
If you read the manuals on those small mixers they usually say that they are "not for towing on the road". Same with most log splitters. The wheels and bearings are not up to it and are only for moving them around your lot. Much safer to put it in a trailer to haul it.

/ Concrete Mixers #10  
I've had one of these from Canoga Equipment since 1993. Towed it to jobsites for years, with a lot of freeway driving. Mine mixes one sack just fine, but if you're looking to mix larger quantities, they make the 300 series too.

If you do get a drum type mixer, always tow with the drum facing upwards. It looks like your towing a mini nuclear plant, but all that bouncing with that heavy drum facing down shortens the life of the bearing a bunch.