Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps

/ Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #11  
   / Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #13  
   / Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps
Be careful! That 10,000 pound rating is MAXIMUM load. Working load limit is typically 1/3rd of that. Some places show WLL, others maximum load limit.

This is actually what I got from TSC. Working load limit it 3,300 lbs max 10,000 break strength. Looks like harbor freight has the best deal on the others. I may head there next. I just need to check one place before I head there.

I am just looking to get 2 binders. To be on the safe side.

/ Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #16  
Be careful! That 10,000 pound rating is MAXIMUM load. Working load limit is typically 1/3rd of that. Some places show WLL, others maximum load limit.

I'm curious, where do you see that "WLL" designation? All my life I've only seen Safe Working Load (SWL).

/ Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps
image-3320558087.jpg

This is what the tag says

/ Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #18  
I once bought a chain at an auction. Evidently, it wasn't hardened and even on light loads, the links kept separating. It was next to useless.
Stuck

/ Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #19  
I'm curious, where do you see that "WLL" designation? All my life I've only seen Safe Working Load (SWL).

First place I looked:
With a working load limit (WLL) of 4000 lbs and an Ultimate load limit (ULL) of over 16,000 lbs this is one of the strongest personal use tow straps available.
Light Duty Personal Use Tow Strap | AW Direct

I think the more professional dealers use it. The cheap box stores tend to emphasize breaking strength (sounds better). I'm pretty sure the Federal Motor Carrier Act (FMCA) uses WLL in their regs.

/ Where to buy chains / binders / ratchet straps #20  
First place I looked:

Light Duty Personal Use Tow Strap | AW Direct

I think the more professional dealers use it. The cheap box stores tend to emphasize breaking strength (sounds better). I'm pretty sure the Federal Motor Carrier Act (FMCA) uses WLL in their regs.

I was just wondering because both SAE and ASTM use the term SWL in their standards, not WLL. It just had me confused. Oh well, back to business.