Please help, cat 305 excavator

/ Please help, cat 305 excavator #1  

matt9923

I have a cat 305 cr excavator with a Mitsubishi k4n engine, it needed a head gasket and head welded and decked.
I need the torque spec but the cat dealer won't help me cause I haven't spent a million $ there.
I have done research all week and this is what I found, can anyone confirm?
I need head bolt torque, there's 2 different size bolts. 76-83ft lbs
Camshaft holder bolts
Injector/glow plug
Water pump
Valve lash .10

Any help would be appreciated I'm in a binde, need it done before the snow storm tomorrow.

/ Please help, cat 305 excavator #2  
Sounds like a prick dealer! Have you been on H.E forums? Heavy Equipment Forums
You need to join to ask questions, then that takes a few days before you can post.
Snow removal with an excavator? Good luck with your info.

/ Please help, cat 305 excavator
You need to join to ask questions, then that takes a few days before you can post.

Yeah I'm not real happy. I will do that.
I'd like to have it done before the snow covers everything.
Thanks

/ Please help, cat 305 excavator #4  
Last edited:
   / Please help, cat 305 excavator #5  

I havent seen any recent posts in HEF about a Cat 305. Checked in Excavators and Compact Excavators (which is were you would expect it).
Cat doesn't scare away potential customers. The fact that they didn't provide the info is probably because they didn't have it. You are talking old iron here.

/ Please help, cat 305 excavator #6  
Cat doesn't scare away potential customers. The fact that they didn't provide the info is probably because they didn't have it. You are talking old iron here.

Old iron? Old or not, they have or can easily access that info, a 305 isn't terribly old, the fact they chose not to help the op tells me they clearly don't want or need his business in the future. My cat dealer treated me the same way, when it was time for a new purchase, I looked elsewhere. I would personally contact a couple different cat dealers and see if any of them would help.

/ Please help, cat 305 excavator #7  
I know for a fact Corporate Caterpillar does not condone that kind of treatment. All the dealers are independent, and that dealer would not condone that employee's response. Cat is very proud of their name and reputation for quality products and service, and would not appreciate some ding dong dealer employee messing that up.

/ Please help, cat 305 excavator #8  
I need the torque spec but the cat dealer won't help me cause I haven't spent a million $ there.
Any help would be appreciated I'm in a binde, need it done before the snow storm tomorrow.

Hey Matt, did you buy your excavator from a Cat dealer? Did you get snowed in? Did you get it running? Are you still in a "binde"? Give me your address and I'll send you $20.00.

/ Please help, cat 305 excavator #9  
Did you find out the info u needed? If not send me a pm with your serial number. My buddy works for catapillar and I will get the info for you.