ASV 4810 electrical gremlin

/ ASV 4810 electrical gremlin #1  

Bison

Platinum Member
Tractor
ASV 4810
OK ye 4810 owner/mechanics i like you to pipe in in here.

My machine would not start from the last start to the next within the hour,..no power to the starter. The starter works flawlessly with a screw driver across the sol contacts
I started tracing the wiring for continuity.
The wire from the starter solenoid to the relay pin in the fuse box is ok.
There is power on the orange #307 wire from the start switch in start position to that start bypass reset module above the fuse box(the little red bulb on it is flashing with the key on and pushing the reset button and turning the key to start resulted in 2 consecutive starts but not a third time after i buttoned everything up. repeated pushing the button to reset the bypass circuit did not help as it still won't start) I don't know if that bulb should be flashing or be lit solid.???
I have hooked up another module that i robbed from my parts machine but it to don't seem to make a difference
The start relay tests good( i have tried 3 other ones as well), all fuses are good.
Wiggling the gear levers don't help either(i used to have to wiggle the levers with the key in start mode to get a start since i own the machine and it always started)

What am i missing here??

/ ASV 4810 electrical gremlin #2  
OK ye 4810 owner/mechanics i like you to pipe in in here.

My machine would not start from the last start to the next within the hour,..no power to the starter. The starter works flawlessly with a screw driver across the sol contacts
I started tracing the wiring for continuity.
The wire from the starter solenoid to the relay pin in the fuse box is ok.
There is power on the orange #307 wire from the start switch in start position to that start bypass reset module above the fuse box(the little red bulb on it is flashing with the key on and pushing the reset button and turning the key to start resulted in 2 consecutive starts but not a third time after i buttoned everything up. repeated pushing the button to reset the bypass circuit did not help as it still won't start) I don't know if that bulb should be flashing or be lit solid.???
I have hooked up another module that i robbed from my parts machine but it to don't seem to make a difference
The start relay tests good( i have tried 3 other ones as well), all fuses are good.
Wiggling the gear levers don't help either(i used to have to wiggle the levers with the key in start mode to get a start since i own the machine and it always started)

What am i missing here??

I am having a problem with my 2000 ASV 4810, the starter starts to turn then quits, battery is new and tested good.
How do I remove the starter?

I

/ ASV 4810 electrical gremlin
With great difficulty.

Figure out first if it is the starter that has the issue and not the key switch or the start relay.
.Try start it with a screwdriver (small stud to the big + stud on the start solenoid)
Make sure the brakes are on before you try to start it that way.

BTW i found the problem on mine. was a fuse with one of the pins broke inside the fuse( fuse tested good when tested across the top but not across the pins)
live and learn