Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor

Default Fencing Land Has Anyone...

I am about to start fencing in about 30 acres of land. I found a a new fencing product and was wondering if anyone has used this type of fencing.
    I like the white T-POST and the entire look. No rust and very clean. But the corner braces are the only thing that question me. Anyone have any comments too are welcome to post in. It cost more than traditional setup(s) but I looked over the material this afternoon. It was sharp looking but.... I can't find any reviews on this product. So before I take the plunge, I was hoping to hear some feedback from you guys.

Corner Braces:
    4 H-Post Set (6' x 7')

It is a tad expensive but nice looking and last for a very long time as advertised.

T-POST
    6.5' X 1.75 " T-Post

And here is a video of the young fellow putting up a corner brace.

Timeless Fence System corner installation - YouTube
    Videos

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Default Re: Fencing Land Has Anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by bravo2zero View Post
    I am about to start fencing in about 30 acres of land. I found a a new fencing product and was wondering if anyone has used this type of fencing.
    I like the white T-POST and the entire look. No rust and very clean. But the corner braces are the only thing that question me. Anyone have any comments too are welcome to post in. It cost more than traditional setup(s) but I looked over the material this afternoon. It was sharp looking but.... I can't find any reviews on this product. So before I take the plunge, I was hoping to hear some feedback from you guys.

Corner Braces:
    4 H-Post Set (6' x 7')

It is a tad expensive but nice looking and last for a very long time as advertised.

T-POST
    6.5' X 1.75 " T-Post

And here is a video of the young fellow putting up a corner brace.

Timeless Fence System corner installation - YouTube
    Videos
    My neighbor is a lineman for AT&T. We had a conversation once about plastic fencing. He said he sees a lot of that stuff while working around the county. It looks fine and burns real nice in the summer during triple digit temperature season when someone inadvertently sets the super dry weeds in the ditch on fire.

If you like the T-post look, get real T-posts and use railroad ties for the corners.

Good luck.

Tractor

The reason I was looking at this option is the coloration (white). Real steal T-POST rust and look horrible in my opinion. All the fencing I have done on our land previously is done with wood post and wood corner braces. I use Hi-Tensile wire (electrical). So with a fire, even real post will burn. Thank you for the comment.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2012 Mahindra Max 22, John Deere D120

We use plastic T post for bracing trees after planting. The ones we use are black and quite flexible. To flexible to drive with a post pounder, without breakage.

Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by jel1988 View Post
    We use plastic T post for bracing trees after planting. The ones we use are black and quite flexible. To flexible to drive with a post pounder, without breakage.
    How do you drive them in then?

Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by bravo2zero View Post
    The reason I was looking at this option is the coloration (white). Real steal T-POST rust and look horrible in my opinion. All the fencing I have done on our land previously is done with wood post and wood corner braces. I use Hi-Tensile wire (electrical). So with a fire, even real post will burn. Thank you for the comment.
    The chinese steel they make them out of now days seems cheaper too.

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

What are you keeping in?

Tractor
    JD 4120, 400x loader, bucket, bale spear, pallet forks, grapple

My experience with the white plastic rail fencing is dirt and the environment turns it black Nasty looking after awhile plus it does get brittle with age and in the cold as well as the hollow square posts are wasp and yellow jacket nest heaven. 7 bucks a t post for plastic posts I don't know if I could be sold on that. My fences are all wood 4x4 with t posts in between. No climb red brand wire horse fence with one strand of barbed wire at the top. Cross ties for corner posts.

Tractor
    JD 4120, 400x loader, bucket, bale spear, pallet forks, grapple

Pics

Had to include a pic of the quarter horse too lest she read this and get jealous.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fencing Land Has Anyone...-image-387836160.jpg   Fencing Land Has Anyone...-image-2290734301.jpg   Fencing Land Has Anyone...-image-2384591031.jpg   Fencing Land Has Anyone...-image-1218973301.jpg  

Tractor

I am not keeping anything in on this location of the land. I plan to hay, and thats it. Nice pictures of your fencing. I can't seem to find anyone that uses this product. You do drive them in with a hammer or fence post hammer, and they will not break. I looked them over today. It is a heavy duty type PVC composite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast