Need advice on asv rc100 tracks

/ Need advice on asv rc100 tracks #1  

masalser

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 5510, Kubota HST 3010, ASV RC100 tracked skidsteer, Bobcat 435 excavator, Howard Price 15' finish mower, Kubota ZD331 mower, Woodmizer LT40 super hydraulic sawmill
It's about time for me to replace my tracks and I'm looking for advice. I got about 1600 hours out of the original set of tracks and they need to be replaced because the rubber has chunked off to the point where the outside most wheels are exposed on both the outside and inside edge of the tracks.

I see that there are a number of non OEM tracks out there. Anyone know of brands to avoid or go with, or am I best off paying for OEM tracks. Also, any sources for used tracks?

I'm located in Washington state

/ Need advice on asv rc100 tracks #2  
I purchased camoplast tracks for mine and haven't had any problems whatsoever. Made in USA.

I just recently took the right side track off because I had a bogey wheel leaking. I should have checked every one before I put the track on. I replaced the seals, added gear oil and grease and am good to go. No leaks now!

I'll be doing the left side very soon.

I bought my tracks from Midwest equipment, because they're close to me. I've seen some on ebay that I don't think I would be scared to buy.

I have purchased parts from TrackLoaderParts.com

I like them.

/ Need advice on asv rc100 tracks #3  
Check the length of them before you buy. I put a set of Korean made tracks on mine and they were so long I just about ran out of adjustment.

/ Need advice on asv rc100 tracks #4  
We are the terex Asv dealer in eastern Washington we sell both terex OEM and Camoplast/Soliddeal track

FMI Equipment
509-927-4071

/ Need advice on asv rc100 tracks
We are the terex Asv dealer in eastern Washington we sell both terex OEM and Camoplast/Soliddeal track FMI Equipment 509-927-4071

Nwterex, how much of a difference do you guys find between the OEM tracks and the Chemoplast tracks? Also, can you email me a price quote with delivery to area code 98258? My email is mark@polestarfarm.com

Thanks

/ Need advice on asv rc100 tracks #6  
With the tracks off, it's a great time to check & replace any suspect bogey & drive wheels, especially the fronts. With my last track replacement, half of the wheels needed bearings or replacement. The hydraulic drive motors get rotated out for hose inspection. A lot cheaper to fix now than after new tracks are on. I spent just as much for OEM tracks as component repairs. For the total bill, it figured out to $11/hour for the "track fund".

/ Need advice on asv rc100 tracks #7  
I have a set of camoplast tracks that I've been real pleased with so far

I have a set of camoplast tracks that I've been real pleased with so far
Thanks everybody for the information. I'm just waiting to hear from my mechanic about what he will charge to put on the new tracks and what he would recommend in terms of brand. I don't have the time to do an install myself. It sounds like the camoplast tracks are a good way to go and that the after market tracks last for less than half the hours of OEM. In regard to checking the bearings on the boogies I dealt with failed bearings a couple hundred hours ago so hopefully I'm good but I'll have my mechanic check them

I still haven't ordered tracks. I didn't get back any very useful info from my mechanic about which tracks to buy or which to avoid. I called my local ASV/Terex dealer to find out their price on tracks and was surprised to find that they don't even sell OEM tracks. The quoted me $1695 delivered per track on tracks made by Summit Supply. I haven't seen that manufacturer before and haven't been able to find any info about them. Anybody know anything about them?