Tractor
    Mustang 2050

Default 2001 Mustang 2050 new ignition

New member here, but not new to skidsteers. Lost key for machine and had to hot-wire it. In the process, one of the posts on the rear of ignition switch came loose, so I replaced the switch. I have power but when I turn the key to the 'on' position to start, I get Zero... Looking for a schematic or any info from the good folks here. I should have taken a picture before I took it apart...

Ted

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Default Re: 2001 Mustang 2050 new ignition

Quote Originally Posted by 20012050 View Post
    New member here, but not new to skidsteers. Lost key for machine and had to hot-wire it. In the process, one of the posts on the rear of ignition switch came loose, so I replaced the switch. I have power but when I turn the key to the 'on' position to start, I get Zero... Looking for a schematic or any info from the good folks here. I should have taken a picture before I took it apart...

Ted
    I have a 2040 but mine has a diesel engine. No ignition. I have a key switch - and a schematic for a diesel, but it will be a few days before I can get to it. Try to get a shop manual for it. Golden Eagle Equipment might have one.
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, 7' Dual Dozer with dual Trimble machine control GCR-2SM laser receivers.

Tractor
    Mustang 2050

Mine too is a diesel - it is a keyed ignition. Everything worked fine - and the starter has spun when I touched a wire to another while putting the wires on the back of the ignition, but just not sure how they go. It's only 4 wires, and I know the Hot wire and starter wire. Just cant seem to get it to start...

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

It will not start if the operator proximity switch and seat belt clasped switch circuits are open. Do you have power to the fuel solenoid valve?
    Does your engine have glow plugs?
    There is no IGNITION!

Quote Originally Posted by 20012050 View Post
    New member here, but not new to skidsteers.
    Dubious.
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, 7' Dual Dozer with dual Trimble machine control GCR-2SM laser receivers.