Relief valve

/ Relief valve #1  

Degolyerent

Gold Member
I have a Takeuchi tb135 and I installed a hydraulic thumb and used the auxiliary circuit. My question is does this circuit have a built in relief valve or do I need to add one? I busted a hose because of pressure but it was fairly used and had bad spot but it got me thinking about the relief valve.
John

/ Relief valve #2  
You need to install a relief valve (return to the reservoir) in the thumb return line set to about 1,800 psig.

/ Relief valve
Thanks Bob, is there a particular inline relief valve you can reccomend?
Thanks
John

/ Relief valve #4  
if your unit came pre packaged with an aux valve, the aux valve might have a pressure relief built into it.

if you bought your own valve and tied that into the hydrualics. then ya most likely looking at a 3rd party pressure relief valve. pending on your 3rd party valve, you might have option in install a relief valve into the valve itself some place and you just need to remove a bolt/cap to gain access to were pressure relief goes.

might be worth calling manufacture and double check with them. there website doesn't give much for info.
Takeuchi US | Contact | Compact Track Loaders, Wheel Loaders, Excavators

/ Relief valve #6  
Thanks Bob, is there a particular inline relief valve you can reccomend?
Thanks
John
As was mentioned before, check with Takeuchi to see if there is a built in relief valve or port relief, but in all likelihood since you blew a hose - there isn't.
The valve that JJ recommended is a good choice, it's also the one I used when I installed my thumb.

/ Relief valve
Hey, I really appreciate the help y'all !! I will get it done. I would guess that it mounts inline with the relief side going to a Tee into tank?
John

/ Relief valve #8  
Hey, I really appreciate the help y'all !! I will get it done. I would guess that it mounts inline with the relief side going to a Tee into tank?
John

Correct. And remember it goes in the thumb return line. :)

/ Relief valve
Thanks Bob and JJ, y'all are the greatest!!!

/ Relief valve #10  
And don't forget to set the relief setting to about 1,900 psig. Well below the system relief. :thumbsup: