yanmar 33tne88 wont start without help

/ yanmar 33tne88 wont start without help #1  

shawnsd412

Tractor
Bush hog d-412
My Mini-ex has a 3 cylinder yanmar 3tne88. It wont start without help from gas, starting fluid or wd-40. I cleaned the tank, changed the filters, new fuel lines, new lift pump, new head gasket and valve job, and new fuel injectors, and it still wont start. New battery, turns over pretty fast and wont start with a jump box either. I don think its getting fuel, When it does run it doesn't smoke at all, Im thinking i need the injection pump rebuilt but I am stumped and want to fix it so i can sell it. It is a gehl model 292 year 2000. i would appreciate any help

Last edited:
   / yanmar 33tne88 wont start without help #2  
Have you ever done a compression / leakdown test? Checked the timing?

/ yanmar 33tne88 wont start without help
i did a leakdown test and it was good. I have diesel fuel in a simple green spray bottle and mist fuel in the intake and it starts right up with about 3 squirts, so i would think the compression is also good, as for the timing i tried to adjust it but with it have the steel fuel lines its almost impossible to move it a couple degrees but i did try to advance and ****** it a little bit. Should i try to bend the lines so i get more adjustment in the timing? I did mark the timing plate at its original position and put it back there. Any help would be appreciated thanks. I no longer use gas or starting fluid to start it because it does start on off road if I manually spray a fine mist in.

/ yanmar 33tne88 wont start without help #4  
The only thing that comes to mind is the fuel shutoff solenoid isn't seeing any voltage until the engine starts and then functions normally. Might check the key switch too. It would be handy if you had a wiring diagram.

Good to hear that you no longer use those Your engine will thank you.

/ yanmar 33tne88 wont start without help #5  
My Mini-ex has a 3 cylinder yanmar 3tne88. It wont start without help from gas, starting fluid or wd-40. I cleaned the tank, changed the filters, new fuel lines, new lift pump, new head gasket and valve job, and new fuel injectors, and it still wont start. New battery, turns over pretty fast and wont start with a jump box either. I don think its getting fuel, When it does run it doesn't smoke at all, Im thinking i need the injection pump rebuilt but I am stumped and want to fix it so i can sell it. It is a gehl model 292 year 2000. i would appreciate any help

Here's a parts manual and an ops manual. That might help if you don't already have one.
http://pdf.germanbliss.com/272-292Excavator.pdf

Operators manual
http://tuffequipco.com/pdfs/Gehl%20Owners%20Manuals/Gehl%20Compact%20Excavators/GE272-292-342-362%20operator%20manual.pdf