What do you need to recover a rolled D11 Cat?

/ What do you need to recover a rolled D11 Cat? #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
One of these nearby.

Bruce

/ What do you need to recover a rolled D11 Cat? #3  
Thats impressive!

/ What do you need to recover a rolled D11 Cat? #4  
Big crane- Block with 12 parts of line.

/ What do you need to recover a rolled D11 Cat? #6  
I get to dig a smaller (I forget which size)cat dozer out in the morning. I think it weighs somewhere in the 15k-20k pound range It's a lgp model working in some nasty slimy mud from a pond we are excavating. I was told it was buried worse than last time and last time it was over the top of the tracks. Should be nice and frozen in when I get there. We will have a medium sized excavator (892 John Deere) and a haul truck (Cat D400) so hopefully we can get it out. Planning to pull with the haul truck from a good distance and provide some lift with the excavator to break it loose from the ice and mud. I wish I had the crane in the video. That thing wouldn't even know this little dozer was hooked on.

/ What do you need to recover a rolled D11 Cat?
Please post photos of the recovery.

Bruce

/ What do you need to recover a rolled D11 Cat? #8  
Who are These dull witted drivers that keep spinning long after the machine has stopped moving ?

/ What do you need to recover a rolled D11 Cat? #9  
Who are These dull witted drivers that keep spinning long after the machine has stopped moving ?

I know of two people that had purchased their first FWA assist tractors that saw the front wheels turning so they thought they were still moving. When the realiztion finally set in about the wheels being under power it was way way to late. Both times this happened was at night. Neither operator was inexperienced by any means just had an oh sh*t momemt.

The one that I saw the mold board plow was down to the top beam with the 3PH fully raised. They brought in a track hoe to dig him out.

/ What do you need to recover a rolled D11 Cat? #10  
That was cool.

Wish they showed more more of the crane though.