terex 760

/ terex 760 #1  

gray

Silver Member
Upper Peninsula of Michigan, on the shore of Super
Tractor
Kubota L48 tlb
Folks,

I keep seeing the Terex 760 in adds for around 40k?

Are they a good unit? If not, why? Where are they made?

Do they perform well? Hold up?

Are there logical answers to these questions?

/ terex 760 #2  
I see em too.

I've never seen one up close. They are made in England by Fermec. Used to be a Massey plant. They have been sold as Kobelco before but not lately.

I dunno. I'm awfully tempted to find out.

Probably. Let me know if you find em. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ terex 760 #3  
My dealer where I bought my subcompact kubota sells trex tractors. The salesman told me that you get a lot for your money lots of power and hydrolics. but not a lot of bells and whistles and accessories. My dealer is called Pauley Equipment in Escondido California. I have seen a fiew of the tractors around town being used. Good luck David

/ terex 760 #4  
Terex 760 is the old Massey Ferguson, bought out by Fermec of England, reconfigured by Fermec and now bought out by Terex, a division of GM. When we tried five different hoes for our town highway dpt, Terex blew away all the other four major brands, and did it easily. Well designed, well built, and is the first to think of maintenance and mechanics. (Ease of repair,and scheduled maintenance) They are selling for the first year, at 40 or so to get them out there by name. I was told this by our dealer..

/ terex 760 #5  
Terex used to be owned by GM, but they sold the division to IBH Holding, a West German company in 1981. I'm not sure who owns Terex now.

When I think of Terex equipment, I think three sizes-- Large, Extra Large, AND 2XL. I didn't know they made equipment as small as the 760. Here's what I think of, when I hear the word Terex--
380018-photo5a.jpg

Their web site--
www.terex.com

Attachments

• 380018-photo5a.jpg
    380018-photo5a.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 881