which excavator

/ which excavator #1  

andyman

Tractor
kubota
I'm having a bit of a time choosing between 2 excavators. What I'm looking for is an expandable track compact model. The 2 machines I have been considering are a 2004 model kubota kx41-3v and a 2002 model gehl 222 model with 7 hrs. Both are near the same price. The gehl model is a 2 and a quarter ton model with the variable track width and a 15 deg "house levelling" which basically allows the operator to dig level even on a slope up to 15 deg. Warranty on both are identical. The kubota is a 1 and a half ton model with the variable tracks. Any input would be welcomed.

I haven't really considered any other models since I would like to remain as close as possible to the dealer for service and parts etc.

Andyman

/ which excavator #2  
Welcome to TBN, andyman.

You join the ranks of such fine TBN members as AndyF, AndyMA, andystix, and me, AndyM. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ which excavator #3  
Hey, welcome, I see you've migrated over here from Lanwsite.com Got a little heated over there huh? lol /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blake
WA

/ which excavator #4  
It would be worth your time to try the Volvo. I rented a small one (tracks retract to 39") recently, it was a remarkable machine. It could swing a 24" bucket full of wet dirt.

/ which excavator
I have to stick with someone close by. I've done quite a bit of research on the subject and from what I've seen the kubota and gehl, maybe the tachechi would best suit my needs.

andyman

/ which excavator #6  
Waiting for delivery of a JD 50c ZTS. Should be here in a week. Trailer arrived end of Feb.

Should have a lot of fun with it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ray

/ which excavator #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm having a bit of a time choosing between 2 excavators. What I'm looking for is an expandable track compact model. The 2 machines I have been considering are a 2004 model kubota kx41-3v and a 2002 model gehl 222 model with 7 hrs. Both are near the same price. The gehl model is a 2 and a quarter ton model with the variable track width and a 15 deg "house levelling" which basically allows the operator to dig level even on a slope up to 15 deg. Warranty on both are identical. The kubota is a 1 and a half ton model with the variable tracks. Any input would be welcomed.

I haven't really considered any other models since I would like to remain as close as possible to the dealer for service and parts etc.

Andyman )</font>

Andyman,

I have the GEHL 362 with house leveling. I have operated many mini Ex.

I can't say enough good things about my 362. It is made by Neuhouse industries in Austria. Gehl bought Neuhouse.
Fantastic German engineering. Fantastic reliability. I have had mine for 2 years and not even a single problem. Nothing.
Machine is a thing of rare beauty and a joy forever. You can't go wrong with the GEHL. BTW it has a 4cyl. Yanmar Diesel.

I bought mine from Studer Super Service in Wisconsin, great dealer. But I live in Md.

/ which excavator #8  
Andyman,
I purchased a new Kubota KX41-2SV about 2 years ago. I found it to be a great machine. However, I traded it for a new Kubota KX61-2S machine. The KX41 was too small for installing septic systems which is what i used the machine.

I have tried several other machines and have found Kubota to be the best. You will never make a mistake with a Kubota machine.

Hope this helps.

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ which excavator #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
I have tried several other machines and have found Kubota to be the best. You will never make a mistake with a Kubota machine.

Hope this helps.

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
)</font>

I agree Kubota also makes a very fine machine.
Charlie

/ which excavator
Thanks for the input guys. The gehl that I did try is quite reduced in price but what bugs me a bit is that its a 2000 model. It has only (7) seven hours on it but still, its already 4 years old. The machine has house levelling which is a bonus. Anyway will let you know what happens. My kubota dealer has the new kx41-3v but it came without the bucket, so I will have to wait another week or so til it arrives.
I believe 2000 was there first year produced, is the quality on par with the newer models?

Andyman