Hydraulic oil for ctl70/mtl20

/ Hydraulic oil for ctl70/mtl20 #1  

Rio_Grande

Platinum Member
When we bought out loader from the dealer we were told we could use 30 wt hydraulic oil in it. We topped it off a couple times and now it's due for a fluid change so started collecting stuff and found the manufacturer calls for 10-30 CD Diesel engine oil. Apparently CD designation is obsolete, and 10-30 rotella is not readily available here. We have all kinds of 15-40 but in Diesel engine oil we have to special order it.

Is there a hydraulic oil that meets the requirements of the 10-30 CD Diesel engine oil? What does every one else use?

Thanks

/ Hydraulic oil for ctl70/mtl20 #2  
I was using Ambra G 134, but now it has been recently superseded by this stuff:

mastertran-ultraction.jpg

I will let you know how that works out in a couple of months.

You won't find a hydraulic oil that meets the CD engine oil specification as such, because that now obsolete spec applies to diesel grade engine oil.

refer to -> API Engine Oil Lubricant Specifications - oilspecifications.org on the CD oil specification:
"Service typical of certain naturally aspirated, turbocharged or supercharged diesel engines where highly effective control of wear and deposits is vital, or when using fuels with a wide quality range (including high-sulfur fuels). Oils designed for this service were introduced in 1955 and provide protection from high temperature deposits and bearing corrosion in these diesel engines."

Hydraulic oil does not contain the additives required to meet that criteria, nor is it required for hydraulic, wet clutch or transmission applications.

hope this held some.

/ Hydraulic oil for ctl70/mtl20
Cool we ended up ordering 10-30 rotella oil. Good thing I hadn't got it changed yet because one of the hydro lines to the drive motor went to leaking. So we lost about half the oil in the tank before we caught it. Good time to change hydro oil and all the filters. I should have it all done tomorrow.