New Gehl 3640e, can't get hyd line released?

/ New Gehl 3640e, can't get hyd line released? #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
I know I posted this on my other first SS thread but know some people don't read threads that may not interest them but will read one that they have an answer to.
My Gehl 3640e arrived yesterday with BH attachment on it and bucket slide over into my yard. :thumbsup::D Tried to pick bucket up with BH bucket but kept sliding off.
Drove the SS up gravel road to my barn. Finally got one hose off and finally gave up on the second hose. Couldn't get it off and couldn't get the other hose back on. Had this problem a couple of times with tractor hydraulics and had to loosen a fitting on tractor to relieve pressure. The SS has flat style hydraulic fittings so not sure how to relieve pressure on them. Some people whacked the nipple on the hyd fittings on the Kubota tractor hyd to relieve pressure but that never worked for me, guess I wouldn't hit it hard enough fearing damage. My bucket is still down in my front yard.
Today, I'll try unhooking or hooking up unhooked line and see if I can relieve pressure by closing the hyd ram on bucket which is now fully extended. If that doesn't work I'll try loosening fitting on Bh lines where they connect to BH ram. Any better ideas?
http://www.ceattachments.com/Libraries/Skid_Steer_Spec_Sheets/Backhoes_-_Mini.pdf

/ New Gehl 3640e, can't get hyd line released? #2  
You will usally damge the internal seals on flat face QD's if try and hammer them open. Relieving the pressure by opening a fitting is the best way. If on the SS turn the SS off and then turn the key back on and try moving the control lever to see if this releases the pressure. On some newer models they are electric controls Vs the manual linkage that operated with or with out the key on.

/ New Gehl 3640e, can't get hyd line released? #3  
Supposed to hold flat faced couplers in for 5 seconds before coupling or uncoupling.

From page 22-23 Bobcat manual. Dealer made sure to tell me this when I got mine.

HYDRAULIC CONTROLS (CONT'D) Relieve Hydraulic Pressure (Loader And Attachment) WARNING AVOID BURNS Hydraulic fluid, tubes, fittings and quick couplers can get hot when running machine and attachments. Be careful when connecting and disconnecting quick couplers. Front Auxiliary Quick Couplers When Connecting: Push the quick couplers tightly together and hold for five seconds; the pressure is automatically released as the couplers are installed. When Disconnecting: Push the quick couplers tightly together and hold for five seconds; then retract the sleeve until the couplers disconnect.

Last edited:
   / New Gehl 3640e, can't get hyd line released? #4  
Or try "cracking" the lines of the attachment at the QC's.

/ New Gehl 3640e, can't get hyd line released?
Took open end wrenches to barn to loosen fitting at BH lines like I done on my Kubota tractor when I couldn't attach line. First tried the attached line and it almost fell off itself. Guess pressure had went down over cold night and time. Unhooked BH and went down and attached bucket and done a couple of hours familiarizing myself with my new SS. Different than the tractors I've owned and I like it!!!! Thanks for input. Found owners manual in a black plastic box beside drivers seat.