ASV RC100 questions

/ ASV RC100 questions #1  

junkjunkie

Tractor
8N, Kubota MX5200, ASV RC100 w/ 60" magnum
I recently purchased an RC-100 (pre-Terex model) overall in great shape. Before really putting it to work, I'm going through the machine and giving it a thorough once-over. I got all the ASV tech bulletins that apply to the machine and am making sure those items are up to date, and undoing some of the "just make it work" engineering that was done (mostly in the overhead dash). Safety switches and interlocks are all back to working (not bypassed anymore). Missing nuts and bolts have been replaced. I have to do a little fiberglass work on the hood and put the screens back in properly.

Just a couple of questions I thought might get some insight here:

1. Should the speed selector switch shift from high gear to low? Currently it will switch to high, but then I have to put the seat bar up to go back to low.
  2. Pushing the control stick all the way forward does not engage the bucket "float" nor does it keep the stick in the float position. Is this likely the float magnet that's at fault? Any recommended troubleshooting steps?
  3. With the high flow auxiliary hydraulics engaged, is the low pressure auxiliary hydraulics still available for other operations? (for instance the deflector door) I haven't tried this out yet, was just curious if that functionality was available (the operators manual doesn't seem to say)
  4. Any other things to double check before really putting the machine to work based on resident experience? The engine and hydraulics are strong, I've just finished tuning up the undercarriage, and hoses are in good shape. Already replaced some pins and bushings, as well as replacing the quickattach plate. Fresh filters and fluids all the way around, no leaks, no smoke.

The machine's not getting put to work commercially, just some work around the farm improving and maintaining things and taking some load off my back. Any and all feedback is appreciated (except "don't buy an ASV". I know some folks have an aversion to them, but it fit the bill for what we need at an excellent price).

-Dan

/ ASV RC100 questions #2  
I have the PT70, branded Terex. Really like the machine. Very balanced, strong hydraulics. I've never run the HiFlow and low flow together, so not sure on that one.

Take a look at the hydraulic hose lines where they come out of frame (the lines for your drive motors). I didn't realize mine had been chafing, and eventual wore holes thru the hoses. The hoses aren't cheap, I replaced the two drive hoses and "brake" hoses for about $600.

/ ASV RC100 questions
Thanks for the feedback, TSO. I will definitely take a look at those hoses! Never can have enough chafing protection; and hydraulic hoses always hit the wallet pretty stiffly. what did you use to protect yours? I'll have to look at mine and see how it's arranged. Maybe slit a piece of air hose and wrap the metal opening.

-Dan

/ ASV RC100 questions #4  
Well, haven't "protected" them yet ... The machine has a bit over 2000 hrs now so I suppose I can take a little time (before the wear occurs).

Here's a pic of the wear
1465097261811.jpg1465097324185.jpg1465097344438.jpg1465097375562.jpg

/ ASV RC100 questions
Good thinking, taking the whole track assembly off to change the hoses... being new to this style undercarriage, that would never have been my first instinct!

/ ASV RC100 questions #6  
You won't be able to access the fittings without removing it.... luckily it's fairly easy.

/ ASV RC100 questions
You won't be able to access the fittings without removing it.... luckily it's fairly easy.

Gotcha. My first inclination would have been to retract the tensioner and swing the drive table out. taking out 4 bolts and sliding it away from the machine seems a lot more efficient; I'm definitely adding that to the memory bank. I looked the hoses over real good when I did the tracks and rollers, but thinking I need to give that penetration they pass through another look, rather than waiting for the automated oil change system to kick in.