NH LT185b skid steer lost boom vertical hydraulic movement

/ NH LT185b skid steer lost boom vertical hydraulic movement #1  

ylekyote

Tractor
New Holland LT185.B compact track loader
New Holland LT185.B, 2006 yr, compact track loader, 1600 hrs. Picked up a load of top soil and I drove about 300 yards to dump it on my ditch bank and the bucket would not go up...it's stuck resting all the way down. No noise, no anything. Tilt and everything else is normal. I had only been operating it for about an hour, and lightly.

The foot pedals are free and clear of dirt under them. I have full hydraulic fluid. No breaks in the lines.

The left pedal (vertical movement) feels locked, like it does when my seat belt isn't clasped. I cycled ignition and drove the loader around and that did not help. Also there are no dummy lights on and I cycled the safety brake on/off and seat belt clasp several times too.

Has anyone an idea of what I can check next?

/ NH LT185b skid steer lost boom vertical hydraulic movement
Haven't had chance to do this yet but this came from another forum. Any other trouble shooting tips greatly appreciated!

"Put the boom down on the ground. Engine off. Remove cover between your legs to expose hydraulic valve. Look at the valve and find the two electric solenoids. Each will have two wires coming off it. Unbolt the solenoid, should take about a 1" wrench to spin solenoid out. Solenoid should be spring loaded out. The solenoid has a spring loaded "tab" that catches in a groove in the spool valve. I have seen some solenoids where the "tab" gets corroded and then stuck in. If that's the case free up the solenoid with PB blaster/WD40 etc. You can hook solenoid right up to battery charger to see if its working properly. Solenoid should be spring loaded out and catch on the spool valve. Only when voltage is applied will the solenoid draw in and allow the pedals to operate."