Blanchard CAT rentals

/ Blanchard CAT rentals #1  

RollingsFarms

Veteran Member
Tractor
Few John Deere's and one Ford 3600 diesel.
Has anyone ever rented from Blanchard CAT or their local CAT dealer? I need to rent a mini-ex with a thumb for a weekend to finish tearing down an old house so I can get it hauled off. I'm guessing a 9000-10000 would be fine for my uses. I was told it was cheaper to rent straight from the CAT dealer than a rental yard, is that true? How much am I looking at for a weekend? $500? More? Less?

/ Blanchard CAT rentals #2  
I would guess that a dealer would be more into leasing or long term rentals over short term as you want.
Around here what they often offer is lease/purchase with like 3 month minimum.
I would suspect that demo work would rather quite rapidly mess up that factory new finish look.

My 2 cents.

/ Blanchard CAT rentals #3  
When, I inquired with Cat in the past they were only renting to business. So if you've got tax id number it may work.

Matt

/ Blanchard CAT rentals #4  
Just call and ask them. There is a lot of variables - make sure to ask if there are any additional insurances or other charges. Our local Bobcat adds somewhere around 17% in "other" costs, another local place the rental cost is the total. makes a decent difference in the price you actually pay.

/ Blanchard CAT rentals #5  
The Cat dealer I rented from had a "Cat rental Store". Not sure if all the dealers have that. They did have daily rentals. For a mini-ex, I would expect that everyone would need to be close in rental price. I rented a 953 track loader, not exactly a rental "yard" type machine. Keep in mind that they expect 8 hours on the meter for a day's rent, so don't put 20 hours on it over the weekend:laughing:

/ Blanchard CAT rentals #6  
I asked about renting a e50 or 55 from bobcat. They wanted $420 a day. And most places rent 3 days get a week. Sunbelt wanted $2000 a week for an e80. But it had a cab and thumb.

/ Blanchard CAT rentals #7  
Insurance requirements and how commission only salespeople get paid will a lot of times dictate if a dealer will rent to a residential user for short term rental. Never hurts to ask them though, worst case scenario they say no, but they may be able to point you in the best direction.