Best Brand of Compressed Air Universal Quick Coupler?

/ Best Brand of Compressed Air Universal Quick Coupler? #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
My air tools all date from the 1970's and use the automotive style P quick couplers.

My new Rolair Compressor came with a universal coupler that looks identical to this one on Ebay and can accommodate many different styles.

1 4" Solid Brass Female Universal Quick Coupler Fits A M T Style Air Coupler | eBay

I think in the family we have at least three different styles and it would be nice to no longer have to change fittings if they hold up well and are not prone to leaking.

/ Best Brand of Compressed Air Universal Quick Coupler? #2  
I am switching out dozens of "M" fittings replacing with "A" (I think). A big company went under, and since they owed me money, I went around removing the industrial quality couplers. Mine were mostly cheapies.

I like the one handed operation much better.

I don't know if the "A"s will leak a bit like the "M"s did. I have a small ball valve at each coupler. I run five buildings and don't like to loose my air.

Last edited:
   / Best Brand of Compressed Air Universal Quick Coupler?
The place I bought a few years ago was like that... I left the stationary compressor on and found it was cycling a lot do to air loss... all black pipe... it wasn't the pipe that was leaking... it was the quick connects and regulators... I use it mostly for storage right now so I keep the compressor off.

The one handed operation and being able to accept several different variations sounds like a winner... don't mind paying a premium for quality that lasts.

Coilhose has a line of fittings and hoses... some of mine are 30+ years old and the hoses are still excellent.

/ Best Brand of Compressed Air Universal Quick Coupler? #5  
I'm in the same-ish boat. I have various brands of the normal air fittings.
Various combinations leak, and it drives me nuts. I really want to settle on a style/brand and put them *everywhere*.
Everything else can be given away. I'm to the point where I don't care if it's Parker or Harbor Freight.... I just want them to work.
The high-flow Miltons sound good (as good as any others). Amazon has 'em, though more expensive, it appears.
I guess I need about 10 or 12 females and at least as many males. It'd be OK if they were good quality without being Parker prices. =)

/ Best Brand of Compressed Air Universal Quick Coupler?
   / Best Brand of Compressed Air Universal Quick Coupler? #8  
I have seen industry using female fittings more and more that relieve air pressure prior to de-coupling. I have seen various styles with this (safety) feature.