Need help IDing this skidsteer--anyone know what it is?

/ Need help IDing this skidsteer--anyone know what it is? #1  

Brambleberry

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota 4850 EverClutch
Hey, I am considering trading my Zetor 5211 with Leon 590 loader for this skidsteer (see pics below). Since it's been painted and I don't have much knowledge of skidsteers I wanted to see if any of you know what it is or might be. I'm particularly interested in knowing what it's working load capacity is and whether it's a solid model/make or if it will give me problems forever. A friend has an older John Deere skidsteer that he just loathes, parts are hard to find and expensive, and seem to be made pretty flimsily. He also said to know that the old gas engines just don't have much power compared to diesels, they'd just be good for moving materials, not for digging/pushing.

Any help is much appreciated! I also know that my tractor is probably worth more than the skidsteer but it has a number of small but lingering issues that will need to be dealt with, so I'm thinking it might be worth taking a $$ loss to save some time. Open to thoughts on the contrary to this though--maybe it's worth more than I think! I paid $5000 for it last year and it's just too big and heavy a tractor for my needs. The issues on it are: hydr fluid is milky, needs changed; joystick loader control has a "peg" that keep slipping out of the bushing; parking brake cable is stuck but could probably be just messed with and made to move again; and the loader is missing a ton of bolts (not sure what the person was thinking who put it on); and there are some hairline cracks in the mounted frame (with welds on them so they were there before) but nothing on the loader itself. Other than that it's just not pretty but relatively low hours (800some) for it's age.

Here's the skidsteer pics:

14370360_1245583842151746_5023727640253770940_n.jpg 14354924_1245583822151748_8281282795103345506_n.jpg 14333590_1245583815485082_4918165071128242404_n.jpg

Thanks for any help!

/ Need help IDing this skidsteer--anyone know what it is? #2  
Can't state for sure on the make (Deere machines from the 70's like this are actually owatonna's and yes parts are hard to come by). Can't tell from the pics but also entirely possible that this is a cvt (belt driven) skidsteer(bad) and not a hydrostatic skidsteer(good). In our area anyways older belt driven skid steers have almost no value if they need work and maybe 1-2k for a good running one. Good luck

/ Need help IDing this skidsteer--anyone know what it is?
Thanks, that's just the sort of info I'm looking for. Is it fairly easy to see the belt driven vs. hydrostatic by opening up the back?

/ Need help IDing this skidsteer--anyone know what it is? #4  
….. or possibly lifting up the seat. You'll be able to see the belt drive(s). If you see any belts that are not on the engine, it's belt driven. I'd listen to your friend, and just change the oil in the Zetor, and pick away at it's other minor issues.

/ Need help IDing this skidsteer--anyone know what it is?
thanks rustyiron, that's more helpful info