cat 426 bucket curl/level problem

/ cat 426 bucket curl/level problem #1  

sam un ont

Tractor
tundraathome@295.ca
Hi, I have a 426 cat that was working fine until a tree limb fell on it . It struck on the right hand loader frame and busted the micro switch.I have replaced the switch and now the bucket will not fully curl up and the bucket when fully up will drop down on its own. There does not appear to be anything bent but obviously I have messed something up. I should also mention that after the limb fell it was doing the same thing and the switch made no difference.
What I need to know is there an adjustment that got out of whack and if so what is it.

Sam

/ cat 426 bucket curl/level problem #2  
The long link on mine broke so I disabled the whole thing, don't need it. The metal tag moving against the micro switch is pliable if I remember correctly and facilitates a form a adjustment and the fwd end of the long link is definitely adjustable. Not sure if I understand the symptoms but it seems like a continuous full up signal. Did you ring out the switch and the wiring? Do some TS by disconnecting the switch, see what happens. I'm not allowed yet to post links nor do I know how to upload images right in here but try trixtar.org slash temp-pub-buffer and manual images DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0004.JPG that you may have to brighten up to see well.

/ cat 426 bucket curl/level problem
Thank you for re

Thank you for responding. First of all I have tried using it with the micro switch hooked up and unhooked with no difference.
The exact problems are;
1/ bucket will not curl the final 3-4 inches but is fine to that point
2/ bucket will not self level when it is fully raised
3/ once fully raise and the control stick is in a neutral position bucket will curl down
From what I have read the micro switch solely controls the return to dig feature while the rest of the linkage control the self levelling part
Although I can see no damage to the linkage from the bucket which actuates a vale on valve body I feel that is must be tied in with the tree limb as all was fine to that point. The problem right now is I do not have a manual so have nothing to compare it to
With regard to the wiring from the micro-switch I did crawl under and opened the connector to the solenoid on the valve body and found power on one wire leading to the solenoid which I found strange as the wires on the loader arm were unhooked

Sam

/ cat 426 bucket curl/level problem #5  
I'm not familiar with the system as I disabled mine early and haven't studied it at all. Mine is 1987, the earliest series made in England with a Perkins engine. What I can offer is to copy you any desired manual page that I can find in mine, as before, upload here if possible, or email as attachment. Those cited images I will remove from my site soon so DL & store if you need. That tree limb could've damaged the switch (less likely if removal makes no difference) or it may have bent the long link and that would take very little distortion to make a significant difference and could even confuse the system. My 2.

thank you once again. What I would like if possible is the adjustment of the self levelling feature and a wire diagram for the return to dig feature. If these could be e-mailed to me it would be appreciated

Sam

/ cat 426 bucket curl/level problem #7  
thank you once again. What I would like if possible is the adjustment of the self levelling feature and a wire diagram for the return to dig feature. If these could be e-mailed to me it would be appreciated

Sam

Right now my mail server is almost flat-lining, must be them hackers. I took 18 high-res pictures (4 of the wiring in quarters, 8 in eights) plus the same pages as before and 2 of the Cat. I can offer nothing else. I noticed that some of the linkage in the diagrams is not on my Cat at all, this must be some model revision. Later tonight the server might be spooled up to normal. I'll try again.

/ cat 426 bucket curl/level problem #8  
i sent them the other day, my inet is up and down, don't know if delivered