Takeuchi mini excavator

/ Takeuchi mini excavator #1  

u122423

Tractor
Kioti
I have a older Takeuchi mini excavator model TB15, I am trying to find out what size bushings and pins are in the machine before I tear it apart. I would like to have a local machine shop make my bushings if I could come up with some sizes. I have part numbers in my manual but I cant find any sizes. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

/ Takeuchi mini excavator #2  
Keep in mind that sometimes specifications change mid production or substitutes are made as needed without written changes in the manuals. Would hate to spend of bunch of money on pre made parts only to find they do not fit. Even if worn and out of spec the old parts are handy to have in hand to make sure the new made parts will fit.

/ Takeuchi mini excavator #3  
I have a older Takeuchi mini excavator model TB15, I am trying to find out what
size bushings and pins are in the machine before I tear it apart.

Takeuchi makes good equipment, in my limited experience. That said, I would take out the pins and measure
them first. You may even get lucky and have replaceable sleeve bearings, which are used in lots of
equipment. If you don't have them, you may be able to ream out your pivots and use them.

I recently replaced some sleeve bearings on my backhoe attachment and bought from these guys:
ASB Bearings: Bronze Bearings, Bronze Bushings, Brass Bushings, and Brass Bearings

/ Takeuchi mini excavator
Thanks for the info, I replaced the bushings and pins at the bucket end last year, 6 bushings and a couple of pins through Takeuchi was just under $ 1000.00. I use the machine around the house, and it is hard to justify that kind of money. I see where they will install grease grooves, that is nice. Thanks again

/ Takeuchi mini excavator #5  
Ancient, I realize, but came across this in a search.

OK, first off, I have seen a LOT of terrible work done by local machine shops. Great machine work, terrible metallurgy. Colled rolled in place of heat treated alloys? Is substantially inferior (!!!) compared to original pins and bushings.

I am looking at a similar project on my TB15. I intend to use O1 tool steel for the bushings and 4130 for the pins. O1 holds tolerances well during quench and temper and has good abrasion properties. 4130 is weldable pre-treatment for the collars- not many heat treatable steels are as suited to this.

Cold rolled might work in a pinch, but it will wear poorly (very poorly) compared to any heat treated alloy. And if it breaks, prepare for some spectacular damage. Sometimes this failure bends things BADLY, requiring significant fabrication to correct to a useable condition.

If that's all you can do in a pinch, it's not the end of the world. I still haven't gotten around to replacing a couple cold rolled pins in my backhoe that I put in to get working. But I also realize that they are risky and substantially inferior.

PS 4130 shows up pretty regularly on Ebay as "drop". Save some $ and since the pieces are shorter, the shipping is often free.

Last edited: