Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tractor
    Terex

Default Re: Ed's 77 Terex 72-41 Wheel Loader

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyiron View Post
    Hey, your building "sweat equity" into that old girl! Should be well worth it in the end
    I think so too. I already have experience getting old run down trucks reliable.

This is where the loader's at taken mid January, two months later it had almost two feet of snow pack. California's not all areas that don't get snow, this is 5,300' elevation in the Sierra Nevada. So before too long the conditions will make me not want to go work on it. That road isn't plowed, I can get there in my truck though. Once it's usable I can use it to clear snow like in your picture. I just ordered an ether start system, and block heater for it too. Still need to order a big enough inverter to run the block heater. We may get the steering cylinders sealed before the snow sets in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ed's 77 Terex 72-41 Wheel Loader-img_0145-jpg  

Tractor
    Terex

Default Re: Ed's 77 Terex 72-41 Wheel Loader

Parts Unlimited wasn't a good experience.

1) The retainer plate listed on the website by part number he said they scrapped.
    2) Parts he initially said they had weren't there when they went to pull them.
    3) A fair amount of the parts he did have there was going to be a delay because he was going to order them from Terex and mark them up, bushings went from $51 to $64 for example.
    4) He wanted to sell me a very, very expensive option instead of a seal kit.
    5) Gave me part numbers for bucket tooth and shank, and said they weren't available. There are several different buckets, all with different teeth. He didn't ask which bucket I have.
    6) Even though I was disappointed they didn't have what I wanted after all, he wouldn't sell me the few pieces they did have because they couldn't be bothered with bits and pieces. And no I'm not gonna pay marked up prices on other stuff to get those.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234