Ford 445A

/ Ford 445A #1  

Racinrick

Tractor
1995 Belarus 925 Turbo
I bought a 1984 Ford 445A last week from a guy who said the tractor just quit on him and he couldn't get it started. It was still hooked to a 7ft mower in the field. He said it just sputtered out and died, and he couldn't get it restarted. It was full of fuel and he had been working it for about an hour before it quit. I got it home, have fuel to the injectors, took the injectors out to see if they spray and they do as well as anything I've worked on before. Placed them back in, still won't run. So, I bought a service manual assuming it may have jumped time. I bought a compression checker, not sure if I'm using it right and got 150 PSI on all three cylinders. I know that's awfully low, but again, I'm not trusting the gauge. I pulled the nose off the tractor, pulled the timing cover, and manually cranked the engine over to what I thought was TDC, intake just closed, exhaust closed, timing mark on crank sprocket centered to the left just slightly, with a welding rod down the injector hole to visually see the rise and fall of the piston. The timing marks on the injection pump gear and the cam gear were way off. The pump was off two teeth, the cam about 6. I pulled the idler gear, reset the pump and cam to marks according to the service manual, even using the "3" for the pump gear. I ran another compression test for kicks, same result. I can take this motor by the crank bolt and turn it with a 1/2" ratchet and 3/4 socket and circle it 360 degrees with one hand, and I'm not a cocky corn-fed big guy either. When I circle the engine several times, the timing marks never line up again. Looking for any suggestions on what to do next. Some info on the tractor block casting # E2NN 6015 BB then HH2 4F04, stamped on right side EYA 60B04 4H22, Tractor model number KD412K. At this point, I can't even figure out which engine this thing has, Tractor Data says it's a 192 but some info says it's a 201, and the service manual only mentions the hydraulics on this tractor and is very limited.

So, need help getting it started and finding out which engine this thing really has. Thank you.