Case DH4B trencher backhoe help needed

/ Case DH4B trencher backhoe help needed #1  

DarinRay

Platinum Member
Tractor
2004 JD 4310 300CX 72MM, dozers, excavtors, bachoes, loader, tractors.
Hey gang,

Well my brother-in-law has some equipment that he wants me to buy and fix up but am not sure if I'm up to it. Maybe you guys could help me here. He has 2 trenchers- 1 is a late 80's Case trencher, plow, 6 way blade, backhoe and this style you do ride. With this one everything works except for the trencher and he says that when you try to engage in either direction it seems like it wants to move but will not. They looked at it slightly without really tearing into it so it may be something simple or very difficult and expensive. The 2nd trencher is a ditchwitch and the same thing happens to this one. This one has a trencher, vibrating plow, & blade. I guess my question is does anyone have any ideas without seeing it that I could look at first. Maybe a least to most expensive probable causes. I do like to tinker around with equipment but am not a mechanic by noooooooo means /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Well I guess I will wait and see if I get any replies before I go into further detail. Don't worry I'm not going to cry like our friend in Yuppie Site forum if I don't get any response. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Just a slight joke. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Thanks in advance.

Darin

/ Case DH4B trencher backhoe help needed #2  
Heck, Darin, I'll give you a reply; only trouble is that the only reply I know is, "I have no idea."/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ Case DH4B trencher backhoe help needed
Well thanks Bird. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif At least I did have one reply.

Darin