Mitsubishi dozer

/ Mitsubishi dozer #1  

professor

Gold Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers 416S John Deere LX280, John Deere Z225 zero turn yanmar 1401 , Oliver 550 Special, Oliver 75 Lawn Tractor, New Holland 3930 4WD, Mitsubishi BDF2 Dozer
I own a Mitsubishi BD2F dozer. The dozer has a good engine and hydraulics. The undercarriage has new rollers but needs sprockets and rails. I have been told by several not to repair the undercarriage but to get what I can out of it and buy a JD350. They tell me parts availability etc. A good JD 350C will cost $15000. I have $7800 invested in the Mitsubishi and I feel it will cost around $3000 for the undercarriage. I need opinions as to what I should do. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Mitsubishi dozer #2  
My grey market dealer can get all the parts you need for a Mitsubishi dozer. And a Deeres under carriage costs about the same as the Mitsubishi's. If yours has normal track pads or swamp pads it may be a bit cheaper to go to standard dirt pads. kid contact Berco and get a generic undercarriage. Ivfe run Cat Deere and Komatsu undercarriages alongside Berco undercarriages and they are the same quality. If the rails arent worn down and bumppin the pins and bushings in the tracks id just have them turned by an undercarriage shop and a new set of sprockets mounted.

/ Mitsubishi dozer #3  
Sorry to double post but Red your not too far srom my location I could drive out there one day and look at your undercarriage and see what needs to be done to it. I used to repair euipment part time I also have several friends in the repair business that can help. Take care Taylor Lambert

/ Mitsubishi dozer #4  
Professor, go to Artec Tractor and get the number and give Steve a call. He imports those Mitsu's and Komatsus. He does a lot of under carriage work on them and could probably get you the parts you need.

/ Mitsubishi dozer #5  
Here is my opinion. Keep what you have and do the undercarriage. You know what you have and a new machine is an unknown. Another older machine is probably going to need repairs on top of what you pay for it and those repairs could be very expensive, way more than fixing yours. It is possible but not likely, that another dozer will not need repairs.

/ Mitsubishi dozer
Thanks for the help. I am keeping it and will repair undercarriage. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Mitsubishi dozer #7  
Do you think that the grey market dealer will have a radiator and a fan for a Mitsubishi dozer model bd2h? We have some numbers 1111-463-0000 and crossed number at 55301-00040. Could we contact him? We are in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee. Iuka is not that far from us. Thanks in advance. haflinger64