International TD-9 weight?

/ International TD-9 weight? #1  

Gary_in_Indiana

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket
I recently bought an old (1973, I believe) IH model TD-9 dozer. Does anyone know the weight of the dozer with or without the blade? I'm considering trading for a trailer that I would want to use to haul the TD-9 (even though I don't know where or why /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ). Simply put, if the trailer won't do that, I have no need for it as I have other trailers.

Attachments

• 529282-Picture069_08Oct04.jpg
    529282-Picture069_08Oct04.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2,995
   / International TD-9 weight? #2  
Which TD9 is it? There are different models aren't there?
A TD9 92 is 10,000 Lbs without anything attached based on
numbers I've seen, but I wouldn't make any guarentees on that.

Still, I think the different models have different engines
etc. which would affect the weight as probably would the year
of construction. They were made for a long time, I believe.

Cliff

/ International TD-9 weight?
Cliff,

As I said, it's a 1973, I believe. I'm not concerned about being within a few pounds. Within a ton would help me. What do you know about the weight of a 1973 TD-9? I included a pic of the blade so someone might be able to estimate it's weight.

/ International TD-9 weight? #4  
Looking for verification, I went to Yesterdays tractors and did a search on td9 weight. I found several people over the years who have been looking for the weight of this dozer. The answers (many from their book) vary based on year and model. I didn't see any that said 1973 specifically, but 10,888 Lbs was the base weight of the model 92, but that was built for many years and probably varied over the years.

Cliff

/ International TD-9 weight? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What do you know about the weight of a 1973 TD-9?)</font>

Oh, and to answer your specific question, I don't know much. I get odd interests and pursue them in detail for a while then move on, sort of like a kid might learn all sorts of useless things about dinosaurs. Looking up info on the JD 3010 Ag tractor (we used to own one when I was young) for use in a poem (don't laugh too hard) got me sidetracked to CUTs which is how I ended up here and how I ended up buying one.

Cliff

The YTM link was quite helpful. An owner there said my TD-9 dry likely weighs in at just under 9,000 lbs. without the blade. My blade is a 10' version and shouldn't add over 3,500 lbs. so I'll figure mine at 12,500, which should be safe. The particular trailer I just saw has three 6,000 lb. axles so a payload of 12,500 lbs. should be fine.

/ International TD-9 weight? #7  
If I'm not mistaken the TD-9 weighs about 9 tons or 18,000 pounds with the blade. The number after the TD indicates the weight in tons. Some of the weights you are throwing around for the machine are in the JD-350 range. I have a AC 653 that comes in at 12,500 pounds and it is a JD-350 / 540 size machine. Heck, my Cletrac AD with blade weighs 10,000 pounds.

/ International TD-9 weight? #8  
<font color="blue"> I get odd interests and pursue them in detail for a while then move on, </font> Hey,me too. You don't want to know what the wife calls it though. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ International TD-9 weight? #9  
The closest I found was a td-7 at 14000 lbs. Which follows what Cletrac replied with.rock and dirt

<font color="blue"> "the TD-9 weighs about 9 tons or 18,000 pounds with the blade" </font>

That is a huge difference from the info I found. Now I REALLY wonder what the thing weighs.

The simple way for me to find out would be to load it on a trailer, weigh the loaded trailer then offload it and weigh the empty trailer. Of course, therein lies the problem.

The reason I want to know what it weighs is I'm interested in buying a trailer for it. If I had a trailer on which I could haul it, I wouldn't care what it weighs. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif