580 E price

/ 580 E price #1  

Syncro

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF 1532, Kubota B-26 TLB
Anybody have an idea about what a 580E circa 1988 with 2300 hrs is worth? Standard loader bucket, no cab, no extendahoe but good shape all around one owner. The guy is asking $20k.

Also, anybody use this model? I've owned older 580's and run some newer ones, but never a 580E, just wondered where it fits in the Case line up. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ 580 E price #2  
Low hours for that year. 580E was a mainline machine in it's day. 60ish hp. 14ft hoe. 1 yd front bucket. Cummins 4cyl.

No more than $14k and more likely $12k for my money. HTH,

/ 580 E price #3  
I agree with Scott on the prices. Dale or "dummy" has a 580E extendahoe you should ask him. He's been talking on the other thread "TLB for small construction business...suggestions?" He could tell you how well his backhoe runs etc.

Blake
WA

/ 580 E price
Thanks for the info. I thought $20k seemed a little high. My buddy owns 9 hoes in his business and trades em off after two years regardless of hours. He just sold a 2 year old Case 4WD extendahoe, 4 in 1, almost every option for $32k. (BTW, he just took delivery on a 590 that set hi back $92k) But even $32k is too much for me right now as I just need a simple good running hoe for the ranch and not to 'work'. Trouble is, they're hard to come by in this part of Nevada.

/ 580 E price #5  
IMO, way too much money. The 580E is a good, all-around machine, low maintenace time and costs. Plenty of power on the stick and bucket. The uplock mechanism is a bit tricky to get used to. Without the e-hoe, $12K is a more realistic number only because the hours are reasonable. If mine had 4 wheel drive, I'd be much happier. Here, our red clay turns slick as soon as it gets wet and the machine goes sideways easier than forward or backwards /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.
Are you sure you need a mid to full-size TLB? For the $20K neighborhood, there is some (IMO) nicer stuff available. I bought a smaller one to get in tighter spaces. Trying to decide if the next one will be a side-shift TLB or straight excavator.

/ 580 E price #6  
I paid $12,500 for my 87' 5400hrs, Complete cab,heater,radio,all the lites,bells & whistles Plus a hammer circuit.Other than that just a standard hoe. 63 net 69 gross H.P. In the Harrisburg,PA area they go anywhere from $12,000-15.000 depends on condition. Watch eBay Backhoeloader auctions thier very common on the auction block!!

/ 580 E price #7  
The 580K's were out in summer of 87'. This 580E, must be an early 1987 model at the latest. Because they were discontinued 87. They had a 3 year run, late 84 to 87.