Case 580SE Hyd.Hose removal

/ Case 580SE Hyd.Hose removal #1  

Dogin88

Tractor
87'Case 71'John Deere, 59' WD45 Alice
Any one know the easyway to changeout the control valve hose's the ones that connect on the bottom then go up-threw the boom, Like a standard 1"1/4 open end wrench just is a little crude.Maybe a Crowsfoot?

/ Case 580SE Hyd.Hose removal #2  
I had that problem with my 580ck. I found a wrench I didn't care much about. Then cut it short enough to fit in the spot. I then welded a 1/2" socket on the side of the wrench. With the use of a 1/2" drive ratchet and 18-20" of extension (and several mirrors) I could get the hose of and on. It worked much better than it looked. The worst part is sacrificing a 1-1/4" wrench. Good luck
Dean

/ Case 580SE Hyd.Hose removal
Thanks, Dean; The Case dealer near me GROFF, Mechanicsburg,PA. Wants $76.00 Just for one 1"1/4 tool made just for that job.There are more hoses but with smaller nuts.

/ Case 580SE Hyd.Hose removal #4  
Yeh there was a couple sizes depending on what type of hose ends you have. I think I had a 15/16 and 1-1/4. To be honest I would tack weld a piece of steel on the wrench for the smaller sizes. Like I said its hard to sacrifice a good wrench so adapting the one already made was easier on the pocket book. I would just grind off the spots of weld when needed for the larger size again.
Good luck
Dean