1949 Ford F-6 firetruck, weight?

/ 1949 Ford F-6 firetruck, weight? #1  

JJT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710 HST and a Kubota ZD21 60Pro
Guys, Anyone know what this truck might weigh? I just bought it, the owner has no paperwork and it's 200 miles away. I'm guessing 6000 - 8000 #'s. My trucker can carry 6000 #'s on his smaller truck and moving up to the big rig the delivery cost doubles. Thanks in advance, JT

/ 1949 Ford F-6 firetruck, weight? #2  
Try the local fire station. They may have, or know of a station, that has one as a parade rig...

/ 1949 Ford F-6 firetruck, weight? #3  
Can you post a picture of that truck? I sure can't claim to know much about fire trucks, but if it's what we usually think of as a "fire truck", I would sure expect your estimate of weight to be too low.

/ 1949 Ford F-6 firetruck, weight? #4  
I don't know the weight but I'll bet it's over 6000 pounds. My stock F250 crew cab 4X4 weighs over 5000 pounds empty. Your truck probably has duals and a bunch of fire apparatus weighing at least 1000 pounds.

Sounds like a neat truck, be sure to post some pics /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 1949 Ford F-6 firetruck, weight? #5  
I just recently had my '42 IHC KS-5 flatdeck weighed and after years of speculation that it ran somewhere around 7000 I was surprised when it tipped the scale just over 9000#. I now have a lot more respect for the little Green Diamond flathead motor that shoves this beast around.

/ 1949 Ford F-6 firetruck, weight?
I was able to find the weight for an F-6 dump truck - 8500 #'s. I cannot imagine the furetruck body and pump weighing more than a dump box. It looks like I'll be bringing it home on an equipment trailer, behind a 10 wheeler. I was hoping I could get it on a flatbed car hauler.

I couldn't get the picture under 100K. I'll mess with them later and get 1 posted.

It's 56 years old and only has 12,000 miles on the working odometer. I'm sure the engine has seen hundreds of hours driving the water pump. The interior is immaculate and the body only has a few minor rust spots.