Held my hand up at an auction today..(uh-oh)!!!!!

/ Held my hand up at an auction today..(uh-oh)!!!!! #1  

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Platinum Member
Now I'm the proud (I think) owner of a case 1150B track loader with tooth bucket & log forks. It runs well & the tracks & undercarriage are about 70%. I bought it about 8 miles from my shop, but its a bit too far to drive it home. Does anyone know how much the 1150 weighs ? I know I'll have to get someone to haul it as it won't begin to go on my 12,000# gvw trailer. She's an ugly girl with a good personality !! The auction was going for what I thought as cheap & I thought I'd hit it once or twice & no one else bid !! What trouble a guy can get into while his wife's out of town for the weekend !!

/ Held my hand up at an auction today..(uh-oh)!!!!! #2  
I may be wrong on this by a little, but I think 28,500 is close. You should be able to move some dirt with that machine.

/ Held my hand up at an auction today..(uh-oh)!!!!! #3  
I used a friend's 1150B in addition to my equipment when I was digging my lake. If I'm not mistaken, his '75 model weighed in at just over 25,300 pounds and had 105 hp. Of course, the weight would differ considerably depending on exactly what size tracks you have on yours. I think his tracks were roughly around 20" wide.

I got to know the tracks intimately because the right front idler went bad (really bad) while it was here. So, I got to take the right side track off and repair the idler. I won't even go into how hard it was to get that master pin out of the track, but each link in the track was extremely heavy. When putting it back together, I was amazed that (on his) the tracks were adjusted out by simply using a standard hand pump grease gun. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I pumped on the grease gun handle and watched the tracks tighten. For some reason, that just seemed amazing to me. After having the track off and knowing how heavy it is, I just still can't see how easy pumps on a grease gun move those tracks!

Anyway, good luck with your new tool! I have several dozen hours seat time in one. Even though my buddy's was fairly well worn, as long as I kept it greased twice a day, it was a beast.

/ Held my hand up at an auction today..(uh-oh)!!!!! #4  
Don't think your in trouble Mrs. as long as you still have those smooth lines to reach her heart. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sure like to see some pics of your new investment /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif and have grand of time w/her.

/ Held my hand up at an auction today..(uh-oh)!!!!!
<font color="blue">
"Don't think your in trouble Mrs. as long as you still have those smooth lines to reach her heart. " </font> Yes , like........"Lets go out to eat tonite & stop by the mall & get those new outfits you've been wanting".......................they make you look so young & sexy.....................I'LL POST SOME PICS WHEN I GET HER HOME( The crawler not the wife !!).................Wish me luck.........Tom

Got her home this morning! pictures as promised: Side view of loader with fork attachment............

Attachments

• 705728-Case loader.jpg
    705728-Case loader.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 576
   / Held my hand up at an auction today..(uh-oh)!!!!! #7  
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif..by the looks your going to have less back pains when lifting from now on..bet she will push back those snow banks for you.

A shot of the bucket .......the old girl really impressed me when I loaded it on the trailer this morning...........the transmission was crisp & firm & the steering brakes worked the best of any crawler from that vintage I've ever operated.........you could literally move the machine an inch or two side to side on the trailer while loading it with no jumping,bucking or fear of sliding it off by over correcting. I think I'll have fun with this machine !! It's much better than I expected. this was at a farm auction & they said they've owned it for years.

Attachments

• 705734-Case bucket.jpg
    705734-Case bucket.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 456
It's about 94* here today..........I don't want to even think about SNOW !! I'll take the air conditioning bill over snow season any day !! Winter Bahh Humbug !! (winter will give me some shop time to apply some case power orange/brown paint & decals on the new girl tho.......)

/ Held my hand up at an auction today..(uh-oh)!!!!! #10  
Hey Tom, /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Let's see, any hot rodder worth his salt will most certainly have a chrome or Stainless stack on that BADBOY as soon as she's all "PURRTIED-UP" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif