Daewoo Skid Steer

/ Daewoo Skid Steer #1  

FightnCock

Has anyone been on the daewoo skid steer with the Cummings power plant!

/ Daewoo Skid Steer #2  
My local dealer seems to sell alot of them.

Not personally driven one but is on my list along with Deere & Bobcat to check out when my workarounds from not having a Bobcat no longer work.

/ Daewoo Skid Steer #3  
No; have you?

Daewoo doesn't have a very large base in the US, so not all Daewoo dealers will have SSLs as their top priority.

/ Daewoo Skid Steer #4  
They are now really making a push. That division of Daewoo was purchased by Doosan and I am seeing them all over. We are picking up the line as a dealer and they will have the Cummins engines and pilot controls. I get them next week.

Maka

/ Daewoo Skid Steer #5  
Maka, can you keep us posted? I'd like to hear how the Doosan-Daewoo machines are selling.

/ Daewoo Skid Steer #6  
Got them in and boy are they sweet. I will hopefully post some pictures soon.

Maka

/ Daewoo Skid Steer #8  
Check the overall build quality of the Daewoo and you'll run from them. Inline engines, mechanical engine/pump coupler and bolt-on axle housings. The technology is 20 years old! Plus, check the resell on any Daewoo- you can't give the things away.

Don't bother. You'll just be throwing your money down a toilet.

/ Daewoo Skid Steer #9  
UFM82 said:
Check the overall build quality of the Daewoo and you'll run from them. Inline engines

I'm curious whats wrong with inline engines ??
Many of the best diesel engines out there are inline engines in my opinion..

/ Daewoo Skid Steer #10  
I am wondering the last time you saw one. First, Daewoo was sold to Doosan and I personally like the Cummins engines. I have two of them here and will be taking in a truck load in spring. Don't need them during the winter. In any case, I looked at Thomas, Mustang and have set them next to JD, NH and Bobcat and I have to say that they are very comparable in fit and finish.

Oh well, every one is entitled to an opinion. What is you experience? Have you owned one? Operated one? Is Cummins in your opinion a bad powerplant? I would sure like to hear more of your direct experience on these machines.

Maka