JD 210C TLB

/ JD 210C TLB #1  

Syncro

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF 1532, Kubota B-26 TLB
I just bought an '88 JD 210C in very good condition. It was a county tractor with light duty use and well maintained, has 3010 hrs and is tight. Any thoughts or comments on this tractor?

I'm also looking for an operators manual and also an 18" or 24" bucket.

/ JD 210C TLB
Well I didn't get a bounce from this post, but now that I've used the tractor for about a month I am able to form an opinion and thought I'd share it for those that may have an interest in a C series JD.

The first thing that I noticed right off was everything is easily accessable. There are large body panels that come right off and working on this machine is a pure pleasure. Nothing is hidden and all zerks are right there. This is the first tractor I've owned that looks like it was designed with the mechanic in mind. All fluid changes are made easy. like the design engineers actually figured out that somebody was going to actually do maintenence and made dipsticks, filters, drain plugs easy to reach.

The hydraulics and Torque converter are smooth and overall power from the 70hp 4 cyl diesel is plenty. My machine came with a 1.25 yard 4 in 1 Gannon front bucket, I removed it and replaced it with the 7/8 yd fixed bucket, both are factory. I never did like 4 in 1's anyways, but the real reason was I felt it was too heavy for the machine. I also have a Gannon 3 pt hitch and 6 way BB that I'm going to sell, while the backhoe comes off it just looks like too much trouble to be swaping.

I got an education in backhoe buckets. It came with a 12" and I was looking for a JD 24" and having a hard time finding one until I realized that the connecting arms on the dipper boom can be reversed to accept a Case or Cat pin on bucket. Fact is, there are several combinations of linkage so almost any backhoe bucket will work. That made life sooo much easier and I found a nice used 24" Case bucket for $300 that works perfectly.

I've put ~50 hrs on the tractor so far and really like it, fact is being a Case man, had I known JD was so good I'd probably have got one sooner, they really are nice tractors. I paid $16,500 plus the $300 for the extra bucket. That sounds like a lot for a '88 machine, but condition is a big factor and this particular tractor was/is pristene.

My only complaint is trying to condition my brain to work the 2 stick JD backhoe controls, man I tell ya getting off a Case and never running a JD its like learning all over again. I could litterally pick up eggs with a Case or Cat but man I'm dangerous on this thing! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Attachments

• 776981-P1020648.jpg
    776981-P1020648.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 779
   / JD 210C TLB #3  
Thanks for the report - that does look like a neat machine. Also interesting about the 4n1 bucket and the Cat/case conversion on the backhoe.

/ JD 210C TLB #4  
Nice backhoe.Thats the same model I learned on.As far as controls I know everyone thinks the controls they learned to use is the most efficient,but wobble sticks really are the way to go.I've always been a deere fan but when it was time for me to buy my own machine they where too expensive.Case was cheaper and the dealer put the wobble sticks on before delivery for no charge.

/ JD 210C TLB #5  
Also, if your used to cat controls (wobble sticks opposite of jd) you could switch the hose at the valves under the sticks.

/ JD 210C TLB
Plumboy- The Cats I've run all had Case controls. Thats a nice 580L you have there. I'm semi-retired now so I don't need a daily use tractor, just a ranch machine. They're really all good, but I sure was impressed with this old JD. If I was gonna buy new though it would be Cat.

I think one of lifes biggest joys is pushing dirt and digging holes (just as long as you don't HAVE to do it) /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ JD 210C TLB #7  
i'm familiar with the JD 310 models. What's the difference?

I'd love to have a 4 in 1 bucket. Just being able to grab a pile of brush would be amazing. Removing it just seems kind of like cutting off your right hand.

Eddie

/ JD 210C TLB #8  
The 210 is a slightly lighter model.I beleive the 210 is non turbo,the one I ran was. They also have a 110 model out know that is about 6000 lb.

/ JD 210C TLB
Eddie, There ain't too much difference between the full sized 210 and 310, buckets etc are interchangable and the loader is the same. There is however a BIG difference with the new JD 110, its more in the CUT catagory.

You're right about the 4 in 1 for grabing stuff, I moved a palette of RR ties 2 at a time with mine before taking it off. I much prefer a standard bucket though for grading. On my tractor either bucket goes on or off in minuites so its a quick swap, 4 pins and a hyd coupler, thats it.

It also came with a heavy duty cat-2 3pt hitch and 6 way Gannon BB that I will never use, I think JD designed these machines for landscapers with the idea of using either the hoe or BB, but to me it ain't worth the effort to make the swap when I have 2 other grading tractors.

/ JD 210C TLB #10  
nice looking machine, almost the same as mine with open rops like that, but i have the year or two later with the angled loader arms rather than the straight ones. they are a great machine, powerfull and heavy duty yet still can run around on the lawn and not make big ruts etc