Horsepower rating of a Hatz diesel engine

/ Horsepower rating of a Hatz diesel engine #1  

Silver Member
a few weeks back i purchased a low hour(240)single cylinder air cooled HATZ E786 diesel engine for a future project. i also got the operators manual, and spare parts list from the seller. he didnt remember the horsepower rating, or the KW rating of the engine. i think these engines were used to power some construction trench compactors and rollers. the engine ID tag only states the model#, RPM, and serial#. anyone know anything about the HP or KW? thanks.

/ Horsepower rating of a Hatz diesel engine #2  
"Typ E786 mit 625ccm und 14PS bei 3000UPM rein"

PS is German for Metric HP. A metric HP is just about a standard HP (~.98). So your engine is somewhere in the 13-14 HP range @ 3000 RPM.

/ Horsepower rating of a Hatz diesel engine #3  
I'll add that 14 HP is equal to 10.44 KW, just a units conversion.

/ Horsepower rating of a Hatz diesel engine #5  
My good ol' HP-48 calculator has the conversions out to way too many digits, I rounder down to 10.44. I can't help it..... I'm a geek.

/ Horsepower rating of a Hatz diesel engine #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My good ol' HP-48 calculator has the...)</font>

No wonder, you're an engineer. Those HPs are cool.

/ Horsepower rating of a Hatz diesel engine
thanks everyone for your help. knowing the horsepower i can now figure out how to size the engine to whatever i plan to attach it too.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif