NH LS125 Skid Steer

/ NH LS125 Skid Steer #1  

RichZ

Veteran Member
White Creek, New York, Washington County, on the V
Tractor
Kubota 4630 with cab and loader
I will eventually be looking for a skid steer to use to clean my barn. I saw an ad for a New Holland LS125 skid steer. It says that it's only 36" wide, which would make it able to fit through all the narrow areas in my barn. It has only 700 hours and they want $7900 for it. I have no idea of the condition, and I'm not looking to get a skid steer quite yet. But I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this machine, or maybe even had one. The price seems pretty cheap, especially considering the number of hours. I have no idea how old it is, or if this model is still being made, but if I get good feedback on it, maybe I'll concentrate looking for this model when I'm ready.

Thanks for any info!!!

/ NH LS125 Skid Steer #2  
The LS125 is still a current model. The LS125 is the diesel model, while the LS120 has a gas engine.

This skid steer is virtually identical to the L250 (gas) and the L255 (diesel) which New Holland produced since the early to mid-1980's. New Holland copied the design from the Prime Mover LS-70, even down to the quick attach latching system. A dirty trick, in my opinion, but reality.

The quick attach is unique to this loader. You can get attachments for the LS125, but they are not nearly as plentiful as the universal mount "Bobcat-type" skid steer quick attach.

The market for this class of machine is rather small, thus there are only a handful of manufacturers that produce this 36"-wide stable cleaner. Bobcat and New Holland are about the only major manufacturers who have continued in this class. Case does not even have a tan-colored version of this New Holland machine. That fact tells you that there just aren't many sales for which to compete.