Teeth for mini-excavator buckets

/ Teeth for mini-excavator buckets
Ok, I better understand what you refer to. The orange bucket is a pin on bucket, whereas my buckets are quick attach (they are the black buckets on the next tab at Kubota website) So now I will need to look at how the quick attach is hooked up to see if it can be configured for the power hole vs. the curl hole. Pardon my ignorance, but which is the power hole and which is the curl hole?

Do you have the pin on buckets or quick attach buckets?

Also, when comparing specs for the same size (inch wise) buckets, the pin on consistently has a lesser capacity vs. the same size quick attach. Don't know what that means.

My dealer is going to stop by tomorrow and I'll ask him the questions about these bucket variations.

Nobull1,

I think I got our answer. Go back to the Kubota website and get back to the attachment for KX-91. The first tab is pin on, the next is quick attach, then the next is the quich attach coupler, which shows the curl or power option. All that is left to learn is which hole represents which option.

Knowledge is awesome, isn't it?

/ Teeth for mini-excavator buckets #33  
I had not thought about the QA bucket as mine is the pin on style /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. As far as which is which my "guess" is the outside hole allows the bucket to curl in tight to the arm and is the curl hole. When loading a high truck you need a tight curl as the site says. Someone may correct me but I think that is correct. Your right about the capacities being different for the two types of buckets. Maybe the reason is the QA bucket has less metal for attaching so it allows for a deeper more capacity bucket. Funny thing on my old L275 tractor there was two holes on the loader bucket for that purpose.

Another thought - - I have the hydraulic thumb. Wonder if that precludes which hole can be used? The QA bucket is currently attached to the furthest away hole.

One more question for the dealer - - thanks.

/ Teeth for mini-excavator buckets #35  
Generally,

the outside pin hole is for power and the inside is for stroke of arm.

Regarding the teeth, I have had discussions with the Hensley rep and others over the years, and they told me (hopefully truthfully) that the pin designs had more to do with Patents than usage. I have always liked the Hensley design more than the Esco original design because it was a one piece desing, and they have been good. Regarding the Tiger teeth, in my book they are solely for Rock and/or Frost. They wear a lot quicker but if you HAVE to work they are the cheapest solution-

/ Teeth for mini-excavator buckets #36  
sflranchok,

The reason for the price difference between your Kubota dealer and Kirby-Smith is that Kirby-Smith is a direct dealer for Hensley products. Kubota is more than likely buying from a Hensley dealer and then marking the product up.

Hensley also used to make several sizes of the John Deere product line. John Deere at one time was looking for other manufacturers of their product line so I don't know if that is still true or not.

I also would not recommend welding on these teeth as they are made of a proprietary steel that is generally between 400-500 BHN. They are pretty hard and any kind of welding without preheating will crack the casting.

Thanks for explaining the difference in Kirby Smith and Kubota. Since I last posted those comments about teeth, I have purchased both the X156WT twin tiger and the X156L via Ebay at $9.00 and $5.45 each, shipping included. It's amazing what you can find the more you look around.

Also, I agree, welding is not a viable alternative.

Thanks for your thoughts!

/ Teeth for mini-excavator buckets #38  
Not a problem. I used to work for Hensley designing teeth and other ground engaging tools before moving to their bucket division as the Engineering group leader.

Be carefull with what you buy off of e-bay. Since there is not a patent on the 156 series, there are many foreign companies that make the same tooth and adapter, but the steel quality is far inferior. The casting will have a very good surface finish, but the strength is not there. The only way to tell if it is the real hensley product is a trademark logo and a the Hensley diamond shape. Most of the time it will say Hensley in the middle of the diamond.

/ Teeth for mini-excavator buckets #39  
Nobull, on our 121's we put (or I put them) the pin in the inner hole so that the bucket can curl right up against the thumb and curl really far out for digging. The outer hole I think isn't that great and so when we bought our new 121's I put some of them in the inner hole. Just makes more sense IMHO.

Blake
WA

/ Teeth for mini-excavator buckets #40  
Nobull, I actually ment that for sflranchok. sflranchok do you have a picture of your trackhoe so we can see what exactly you have going on?

Blake
WA