help!! newbe here

/ help!! newbe here #1  

ibuildcars4u

just got a mid 70's ford 4500 backhoe. the bottom saddle [ i beleive its called a saddle] is broke, it was broke when i bought it. where can i buy a new one? do they make them? or do i have to have a machine shop make one. i have all the welding capabilities [ own a weld shop] but this thing is at least 1 inch thick block of steel. when you use the backhoe the bottom pops out of the saddle, any help would be appreciated. thank you for your time

/ help!! newbe here
nobody has any info about this? from what ive heard it is a comon thing that goes bad, just nobody knows where to get one. i think i am just going to weld the 2 pins from the backhoe attachment right to the saddles. only thing would be i would have to cut the weld off if i need to take off the backhoe, no big deal. but i know that it will not come back off when its welded

/ help!! newbe here #3  
#1...4 hours is not a long time to wait for an answer
#2...Maybe if this was posted in the Construction Forum, because it's a backhoe, you might get an answer sooner.

/ help!! newbe here
hey thanks i will try the construction forum, im new here so was not sure exactly where to go, thanks for your time

/ help!! newbe here #5  
Ibuildcars4u,

You might want to call Wenger's in PA. They show as having a Ford 4500 TLB in there dismantled units. Their phone # for construction equipment is listed on the website. Wengers

Good luck,
Russ

/ help!! newbe here #6  
half to look today but I beleve that piece is cast will also check and see if its still avalible let you know tonight

/ help!! newbe here #7  
Ibuildcars4u,

Is this the part you are looking for, laying behind the tractor? This is shown on Wenger's website. If they do not have one, you could try Gulf South Tractor Parts (800)462-8118, MAC Enterprises (716)358-3006, McFaden's (518)284-2090, or possibly Valu-Bilt (800)443-6790.

Good luck,
Russ

Attachments

• 824168-856-1.jpg
    824168-856-1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 153
   / help!! newbe here #8  
If the hook you are talking about is where the backhoe mounts to the tractor on the bottom just checked it is part of the main frame and not avaliable

/ help!! newbe here
its basicly the same shape. it mounts to the frame of the tractor{ its part of the frame] its at the bottom. on the backhoe attachment you have 2 hooks that mount the tractor to the attach at the top, and you have 2 on the bottom. the 2 on the top have nuts and a rod that you tighten the nuts to tigten the whole backhoe attachment down tight. the bottom [ which is what i need] the backhoe justs rests in the frame mounted saddles [ i beleive they are called] there is no adjustments on the bottom, the 2 backhoe pins just rest in the saddles.[ sorry its kind of hard to describe this] if you dont understand let me know i will try again, thank you all for your time and info. chris

/ help!! newbe here
yes it is on the bottom, im thinking about trying to weld it to what is left of the saddle on the bottom. only thing i can see that i would have a problem is if i want to take the attachment off. which i dont plan on doing ever, and even then all i would have to do is cut the weld off. being welded should not hurt anything, i cant see how it can, thanks again