skidsteer logsplitter combination

/ skidsteer logsplitter combination #1  

gav64

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810hst - Gehl 4625 skidsteer
Does anyone have or have used one of those log splitters I have seen that mount up to the front of the skidsteer, either the ones you load or the ones that split from the top while you sit in the seat. what are you impressions. I can't get past the fact that you are standing in front of the machine while it is reving high laosing the splitter, doesn't seem too safe.
thanks glenn.

/ skidsteer logsplitter combination #2  
Glenn,

I have a log splitter that I used on an AG tractor that I will be converting to use with a Toolcat. Am guessing it will be another month or so before I have it ready.

On the AG tractor I was able to keep the rpm well below PTO speed and still have plenty of power to split. Not sure what to expect on the Toolcat but I have the same concern about standing in front of it with the engine roaring.

dsb

/ skidsteer logsplitter combination #5  
picture

Attachments

• 836451-wood splitter Markham welding.jpg
    836451-wood splitter Markham welding.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 156
   / skidsteer logsplitter combination #6  
I bought a log splitter from skid steer solutions. for about $800 dollars. I used it this weekend with my son. I put my tractor in nuteral with the break on and split some wood. It was quiet and the splitter worked great at just above idle. David