opinions on backhoe to be towed with 1 ton?

/ opinions on backhoe to be towed with 1 ton? #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think alot of you guys are missing the boat here.

You better make sure you know what your laws are...
Come thru Pa. or Va. and they will set you straight!
In a hurry!

It's all good untill something happens.
I got pulled in on 95 in North Carolina with a 1 ton Chevy and a 30 foot goose neck trailer and they wern't so freindly when he had said to me " do you know you are well over 28,000 lbs"

So make sure you don't get your self in trouble. )</font>

Isn't that the truth. Pull a full sized backhoe into PA behind a one-ton and MVCE will put you out of service and slap you with a fine about the size of a downpayment on a house.....laughing in your face while you cry for forgiveness! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ opinions on backhoe to be towed with 1 ton? #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think alot of you guys are missing the boat here.

You better make sure you know what your laws are...
Come thru Pa. or Va. and they will set you straight!
In a hurry!

It's all good untill something happens.
I got pulled in on 95 in North Carolina with a 1 ton Chevy and a 30 foot goose neck trailer and they wern't so freindly when he had said to me " do you know you are well over 28,000 lbs"

So make sure you don't get your self in trouble. )</font>

Isn't that the truth. Pull a full sized backhoe into PA behind a one-ton and MVCE will put you out of service and slap you with a fine about the size of a downpayment on a house.....laughing in your face while you cry for forgiveness! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ opinions on backhoe to be towed with 1 ton? #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I used to tow my 110 around with my F350 Diesel pickup and a 14000lb gross tag trailer no problem. I will say though, you had better be darn sure your trailer brakes are in tip top working order or you or whoever is in front of you will not be happy. A couple of times I have towed my 161 excavator behind the pickup, a little dicey to say the least.

As far as the machines go the 48 and 110, pretty much personal preferance, the flip seat is just silly, make the thing spin already. The Yanmar 40 does look pretty good, I would definetly give that a good look, it has a very similar frame to the 110, and all the hydraulic and lifting capacites are just about the same. Also you mentioned the IR/Bobcat machines which used to be Earth Force machines, they are very interesting and seem to be available for very reasonable prices. )</font>

Yanmar makes most of the JD110 for John Deere. All you're paying for is the John Deere nameplate, so you might as well get the Yanmar. Better yet, do what I did and get an L-39. It's even nicer, unless you really need a full size hoe. It's a more refined machine with more PTO power and the similar digging/hydraulic specs. I paid 33,500 for mine and I love it.

/ opinions on backhoe to be towed with 1 ton? #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I used to tow my 110 around with my F350 Diesel pickup and a 14000lb gross tag trailer no problem. I will say though, you had better be darn sure your trailer brakes are in tip top working order or you or whoever is in front of you will not be happy. A couple of times I have towed my 161 excavator behind the pickup, a little dicey to say the least.

As far as the machines go the 48 and 110, pretty much personal preferance, the flip seat is just silly, make the thing spin already. The Yanmar 40 does look pretty good, I would definetly give that a good look, it has a very similar frame to the 110, and all the hydraulic and lifting capacites are just about the same. Also you mentioned the IR/Bobcat machines which used to be Earth Force machines, they are very interesting and seem to be available for very reasonable prices. )</font>

Yanmar makes most of the JD110 for John Deere. All you're paying for is the John Deere nameplate, so you might as well get the Yanmar. Better yet, do what I did and get an L-39. It's even nicer, unless you really need a full size hoe. It's a more refined machine with more PTO power and the similar digging/hydraulic specs. I paid 33,500 for mine and I love it.

/ opinions on backhoe to be towed with 1 ton? #25  
The L39 certainly looks like a sweet unit, very close to a 110 and an L48, I am very surprised Kubota doesn't offer it with a hydro though, maybe too much loss of HP. Yes it is true, always know what your state requirements are for towing, if you are out of class and you get stopped, it can make for a long and miserable day.

/ opinions on backhoe to be towed with 1 ton? #26  
The L39 certainly looks like a sweet unit, very close to a 110 and an L48, I am very surprised Kubota doesn't offer it with a hydro though, maybe too much loss of HP. Yes it is true, always know what your state requirements are for towing, if you are out of class and you get stopped, it can make for a long and miserable day.

/ opinions on backhoe to be towed with 1 ton? #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The L39 certainly looks like a sweet unit, very close to a 110 and an L48, I am very surprised Kubota doesn't offer it with a hydro though, maybe too much loss of HP. Yes it is true, always know what your state requirements are for towing, if you are out of class and you get stopped, it can make for a long and miserable day. )</font>

Long, miserable & EXPENSIVE day! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ opinions on backhoe to be towed with 1 ton? #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The L39 certainly looks like a sweet unit, very close to a 110 and an L48, I am very surprised Kubota doesn't offer it with a hydro though, maybe too much loss of HP. Yes it is true, always know what your state requirements are for towing, if you are out of class and you get stopped, it can make for a long and miserable day. )</font>

Long, miserable & EXPENSIVE day! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif