Track conversion for Skid Steers

/ Track conversion for Skid Steers #1  

Coyote

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2000B & Skat Trak 1300D skid steer
Check out this web site. It is a track conversion that bolts onto any SS, right to the hub. Don't know the price, probably expensive but a cool engineering idea. Just an FYI to this group!

http://www.loegering.com/VTS.htm

/ Track conversion for Skid Steers #2  
The full-size unit is around 15k, but that may come down (the VTS system is about a year old).

The smaller unit is around 12k. Not sure what the unit for 54"+ wheelbases will run...

/ Track conversion for Skid Steers #3  
Got some recent prices from my local sales rep and they are:
12” $11,500, 15” 12,000, 18” $15,138 -$16,500 retail, plus freight.

/ Track conversion for Skid Steers #4  
VTS bolt on tracks seem high priced when you could just trade in your beat up skid steer for a true rubber track loader, something like an ASV, that is built from the ground up to be on tracks.

/ Track conversion for Skid Steers #5  
The value of the bolt on tracks is that you can un-bolt them and put the wheels back on when required. It takes about an hour or two to complete the swap. There's a video at their website showing the installation process.

/ Track conversion for Skid Steers #6  
We sell allot of those units here in DFW. They outlast our CAT rubber tracks by 3 times or more. They are expensive at 15K but they are tough and add front suspension, metal undercarriage to a wheeled SS.

/ Track conversion for Skid Steers #7  
I have a CAT 287 that I have 2100 hours on the original tracks and undercarriage. If you take care of it, it last! You just cant counter rotate all the time and you must try and keep the tracks cleaned out.
Do you have to replace the drive sprocket on the VTS bolt on tracks with each new set of tracks? If you can get 3 times the life I have got out of my cat MTL (6300 hours) I would certainly switch to the bolt of tracks and gladly sacrifice my flotation and comfortable ride for that kind of life.

/ Track conversion for Skid Steers #8  
We have never had to replace any VTS undercarriage components for wear. We have had some isolated bearing failures on a certain customers machine but no others to speak of. You must be using the 287 as it was intended, our MTL customers rarely get that life out of a set of belts. They do understand they are improperly using the tractor but are glad to pay for new belts to have the performance of the machine. The front axle of the VTS tracks is suspended on a torsion assembly similar to the CAT MTL loaders so there is some suspension. The track is also steel belted instead of the cloth belt on the AVS undercarriage which is really the main difference in the strength of the belts.

/ Track conversion for Skid Steers #9  
Well sell a fair amount of VTS tracks as well, its about the same price to take a new wheeled machine and add the VTS tracsks than it is to just buy a tracked loader. As was said, it gives you the flexibility to change back to wheels when you need it. Tracks are not always the best system.

/ Track conversion for Skid Steers #10  
I know I am getting a set soon as we get a gehl 7810. Its going to be one BAD MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!:cool: