Wanted Dynahoe

/ Wanted Dynahoe #1  

Ponddigger

Hello,

I'm looking for a model 190 or 490 Dynahoe 4x4 TLB. I would also be willing to consider a model 200. If anyone has one for sale please let me know at matthewslewis@yahoo.com Thanks for your help,

PD

/ Wanted Dynahoe
I'm near Raleigh, NC.

/ Wanted Dynahoe #4  
Check machinery trader or watch the local want ads. A friend and I have 2 dynahoes, and know of a few more, but they are all in the Northeast.

You may also want to watch e-bay-I've seen a few go pretty cheap (including a non-runner we got for 1k with almost new tires, put in a used 353, and away we went:) )

Couchsachraga

/ Wanted Dynahoe
Hello,

Are there any machines for sale around you Couchsachraga? I've been looking around here and I haven't seen any. I've been thinking that I would have to have one shipped here. Thanks for the info,

PD

/ Wanted Dynahoe #6  
There have been a few 490's that have come and gone (I dont' think they sold, they just stopped listing them...) in our local want-ad. If they pop up again I'll post the info here.

There is a 200 for sale in PA on macherytrader...hopefully the link will work, otherwise go to machinerytrader.com and search for "dynahoe"....

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/forsale/list.asp?guid=3031702CFA1744FAA70F4566BFCEE9C4&dlr=1&bcatid=4&PCID=882814&etid=1&catid=0&mantxt=dynahoe&mdltxt=&MdlX=Contains&PF=&PT=&DPF=&DPT=&WPF=&WPT=&MPF=&MPT=&YF=&YT=&EventBD=&EventED=&SN=&Cap=&CapTo=&HP=&HPTo=&DRV=&Name=&Cty=&Cond=Both&keywords=&LS=&SO=2&beginsearch=Search

There have been 3 or 4 on Ebay (of all places) that were in New Jersey as well.

If Dynahoes are so rare in your neck of the woods you may want to look at something else, unless you're fully qualified to rebuild the whole thing. I have a few contacts around here that used to work on them day in and out, and they're a great resource. Most of the folks in the repair business aren't even sure where to get a seal kit for the pistons...they're too used to Cats, Deeres, and the like.

Couchsachraga

/ Wanted Dynahoe
Hello,

Thanks for the link Couchsachraga, I've look at the website a few times (well more than a few) on that 200-4 and it seems fairly good just a little pricey. I've seen a at least a couple of 490's go for circa 9k and was hoping for something in that range. As far as a mechanic, I helped my dad rebuild an 817 IH for a TD 25 and have helped maintain a Case 600 with him too. I wouldn't want to tear down an engine but could if I had to. I've thought about other machines but for the money it seems you get the most from Dynahoe. Take care and have a great day,

PD

/ Wanted Dynahoe #8  
Well, looks like we're in agreement-that's how my friend and i wound up with 2 of them (albeit the 2wd units)-it is A LOT of machine, albeit slow and dynasaur like compared to new equipment, but we picked up both of ours broken and they were cheap (basically one was scrap price...and the tires were worth that alone- a used engine to replace the one the piston had gone through the block on, and we were up and running...).

So, deals can be found out there, for sure. I have have not seen a 'decent' 200-4 for less than 15k (worn out, or needing work, yes). I've seen nice 490's for your aforementioned 9k and up, but although they looked nice wondered is something major wasn't wrong with them...though with some I suspect it was just the difficulty of moving them (they are HEAVY, and BIG).

Speaking of which, I"m about to go and attempt to extract mine from the woods for a little spring maintanence. If the road is still frozen (which it will be...in spots...) it should be fine. If it's muddy, either it will get interesting or it will sit there for another month while things dry out the rest of the way.

Couchsachraga

/ Wanted Dynahoe #9  
I just recently ( december) bought a 200-4. Very heavy, slow, but it was cheap compared to an excavator of the same weight ( 38,400#) I have some hammering to do on my driveway and hope to set up a hammer( whenI have more $$). The reason they are cheap is the same reason I bought it. Heavy slow need hard packed dirt to hold it up, but can stay in one place and dig down 20' or break rocks. Unsuitable for the production contractor- excavators do everything better and faster( for more $$) and the 200-4 is way slower than an 18,000Lb backhoe. The 490 and smaller machined are in between. Look in E-bay. The one in western PA has a cab but they want 15K for it. They originally wanted like 10 or 12 then they threw paint over the grease and rust and added 3K to the price. They are out there cheaper. the 200-4 is too heavy to move jobsite to jobsite easily, and is not as productive as a BH or excavator when you get there. So the only buyers are those that don't have issues with that- These are the real deal machines, the only reason they are still around is how well they are built.

/ Wanted Dynahoe #10  
There is a 200-4 on E-bay Starting out at 5500$ Ill try to link it: HERE It is very capable, heavy with a lot of breakout force. And as mentioned above slow and hard to move.