broken exaust.

/ broken exaust. #1  

davidseaquist

Silver Member
Tractor
2005 Ingersoll Rand Bl370b
I have about 19 hrs on my tractor now and while I was tring to seperate dirt form rocks with my new heavy duty grapple bucket. My tractor kept on getting louder and louder up on further investigation I felt around the back of the muffler and fould a flexible pipe that connected from the exhaust manifold to the muffler . It was broke in half I hope this part is easy to find through an auto parts ? I am not sure if it is repairable. David.

/ broken exaust.
I will try and post a picture the file size is 1 mb. How do I shrink the size of the picture ?

/ broken exaust.
I went to three automotive stores and found a flexible exaust 2" in diameter and a 2" solid exaust pipe and a couple of exaust clamps I fixed the exaust leak. The automotie parts wer't as good a quality as the old parts. I will try and contact Ingersoll Rand to see if I can get a replacement part. David.

/ broken exaust. #4  
Here is the resized pic

Attachments

• 852118-P1010143 (Small).jpeg
    852118-P1010143 (Small).jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 169
   / broken exaust. #6  
From the picture, looks like all you need is a little welding done. What am I missing?

/ broken exaust. #7  
I agree, a little mig or better yet tig would do ya

/ broken exaust. #8  
If it's fixed and working properly why change it?

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ broken exaust. #9  
Coincidentally, I got a JC Whitney catalog in the mail last night. They carry stainless flex coupler kits (like your picture) JCwhitney

As a side note, and strictly MY opinion and sticking my nose in, if you don't know how to weld find a "new bestest buddy" that does. Sometimes you need something fixed now and it's not always practical to have to wait on a part or for the store to open. Especially if you plan on hiring yourself out. One of my "bestest buddies" has a mobile workshop full of goodies. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif