excavator came last night

/ excavator came last night #1  

mlinnane

Bronze Member
Tractor
mf 165
My excavator arrived last night at 9:00pm. The driver called and asked if he could bring the machine I was supposed to have over the weekend(banks fault). They filled out paper work and never processed it. Finally got it straighten out. And I don't blame dealer I would not release machine until money was in my hot little hand either!
This place had more excavators then I had ever seen in one place. I bougt the machine off ebay, but I went to see them in NY syracuse (2 1/2 hours from me) what they had on web page was what you saw. Them seem honest and move a great deal of equipment open 7 days a week. The owner had sold over 90 things on ebay and only one complaint. I thought that was pretty good. So I bid 1 dollar over what they asked and got the machine. I paid $14,481.00 they have a trucking company alread set up and it was $450 to move machine 11,200lbs. The driver told me last night he thought I got a good machine it seemed tight to him. He said they had a good name. I contacted a guy who works on excavators and he lives in next town. he charges $1.50 for mileage and $90 an hour. So I am going to have him do a full service and check everything out before I start using it. I might play a little tonight for a few minutes (got to have a little fun). I hope everything works out. I am going to just dig a bank out behind my barn first far enough away from everything I can not hit anything. I have been taking the wire fences down as I want to bury some of the hedgerows and don't want to mess with barb wire in the tracks or my brush hog. I have a guy down the road who only charges me like $30 for his JD450 dozer work. For that I am not buying a dozer. The next thing I want is a 3 yard front end loader some of the stonewall fence will make a great road bed so I can access to the back of the property. Also the front loader will help place dirt where I want it and stone.
After I the bank down I am going to bury some parts of hedge row and then make some smaller ponds. For dog training our ponds are not normally never round they have curved channels which will be great. Often we build mounds in the field so that we and the dog can run from an elevated spot.
Also I want to get some of the rocks out of fields so I do not have to worry about mowing and brush hogging. I was looking in the woods last night it would so easy to build a little pond in there so the wood ducks would come. Every place I look I see some project I could use the machine for.
Not to mention I am going to trench electric out to my barn and there is an old junk yard on the place that I want to bury as it looks like the devil.
When I told my uncle I bought and excavator he said oh lord you will have 100 acres dug up in to no time at all.

/ excavator came last night #2  
Congradulations on your new excavator. Do you have any pictures ? David