Bought a Toy: Case 310 Track Loader

/ Bought a Toy: Case 310 Track Loader #1  

GeneD14

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, Allis Chalmers D17 series IV and an Allis 170, Kubota ZG-23 Mower, Kubota ZD 1211, Kawasaki Mule 610, 2 Stihl 361's and a Stihl 660 Ported and tuned
It is in great shape, stored inside and well maintained.

Attachments

• 868691-Case-2 (Small).jpg
    868691-Case-2 (Small).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,481
   / Bought a Toy: Case 310 Track Loader
Towed it home (210 miles) with the F350 and it towed great. It weighs 10,126 lbs! THe trailer is built real heavy, I'd guess it to weigh close to 3,000 lbs.

Attachments

• 868693-KR-Case1 (Small).jpg
    868693-KR-Case1 (Small).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 714
   / Bought a Toy: Case 310 Track Loader #3  
That's a happy lookin' tractor... congrads!!

/ Bought a Toy: Case 310 Track Loader #4  
From the pictures, that appears to be in excellent shape. How'd you luck in to a find like that?

It belonged to a friend. He bought it in 1985 and put over $10K into the undercarriage. He hasn't even put 100 hours on it in 20 years and always stored it inside. Total hours on the machine is just over 500. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bought a Toy: Case 310 Track Loader #6  
GeneD14, I have a 310 Case dozer, 6 way blade and rippers. It is a great machine. I have a question about yours. Why did your friend spend money on the undercarriage or any part of the tractor for that matter, when it has so few hours? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif At 500 hrs, the tractor should be like new. I wouldn't think that it would need anything but oil & grease. Just wondering. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brian

The previous owner is very nit picky with his equipment. He is the type of guy that would replace a part if he noticed any wear at all. I remember him replacing the drive wheels because they were the old spoke style and he preffered the solid style.
The loader cylinders seeped a very small amount of oil so he had all of them rebuilt.
He is in his 70's now and when he decides to sell the rest of his trucks and equipment you can bet that I'll be there. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian,

Does your 310 have ROPS? I asked around and for mine I can't buy an aftermarket one so I was considering making one. Most late model Case crawlers have ROPS made of square tube. If you have one do you know the size of tube and wall thickness? Thanks

/ Bought a Toy: Case 310 Track Loader #9  
GeneD14, no my 310 doesn't have a ROPS. I have seen some John Deeres that had 3" round tube ROPs though. I think that 1/4"--3/8" wall would work well for your machine.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you have to pay for
your 310? I am envious of a 500hr machine that old. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Mine has over 10,500 hrs. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I am currently in the process of a partial refurbishment. Valve job, new radiator, new hydraulic pump, new lift & angle hydraulics,some new bushings, all new hoses. I'm having a hard time finding a good place to install a hydraulic filter. Oh, and paint and all new decals. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good luck with your new loader.

Brian

/ Bought a Toy: Case 310 Track Loader #10  
Call these guys on the ROPS. I got my sweeps and screens from them. I would love to have one of there AC cabs for my Dozer.
http://www.kencomfg.com/
John