Case 450c Dozer $$$$

/ Case 450c Dozer $$$$ #11  
I would say that is a little on the high side also. A fellow has a 450C with around 1300 hrs in PA for around $13,500. Seen pictures of it, looks pretty clean. I would say that is pretty low for a dozer that age.

/ Case 450c Dozer $$$$ #12  
I just looked on the net and I can't find any priced for $7000 or $8000 but you sound like you definitely have experience with a 450c. We have a regional magazine here for heavy equipment and I think I'll pick one up tonight and do some more research.

What year was yours? The only years I have found on the net are around 85-90. Don't know if they made them before that or not.

Thanks for the help. I will definitely do some more research on prices. It's also nice to hear someone else gets involved in those nightmare repair situations.

Edit -

Just got your last post - $17,000 is starting to look high.
Have had one for a couple of years maybe loonger. Paid $15,000 have really enjoyed. had to do the normal things pack cylinders etc. best thing i have is a root rake. used to clean up a buch of land. have had problem with rear left drive axle. My fault. make sure you keep fluid in both top and bottorm. Expensive to repair. always if you see a leak, make wure the cause and keep it full of lubricant, even if you cant have it repaired.

Reasonable price would be $10,000 +- Sounds like in better shape than mine.

You will enjoy. Not the newest but you will get used to the levers.

/ Case 450c Dozer $$$$ #13  
You never said what you'd be using it for.....? Will make a difference in you're "dozer" shopping. I spent several months looking for a dozer, and fell upon an auction deal on a 2000 Komatsu D-38. It had 6200 hours, but looked very good. Been very good for my needs for the last 200+ hours. It's got the joystick controls, which are an absolute pleasure to operate, but you're going to pay more for them.
As the other guys have said, the older the machine is, the more probable repairs will crop up. I have nothing against Case, but it is definitely on the smaller side, and to me the price is quite high.

good luck!

/ Case 450c Dozer $$$$ #14  
Looking for a left rear drive axel assembly or bull gear and other main gear. I agree the more you pay the less repairs BUT if you use is very seldom, it is hard to justify a whole lot of money. Thanks for your assistance.[

/ Case 450c Dozer $$$$ #15  
Just added up the repair and maintenance costs for my CAT D3 and it averages out to about $200 per year over 15 years for parts and supplies... my labor not included.

Includes things like replacing hydraulic lines, relining steering brakes, two batteries, oil, etc...

The nice part about owning vs renting is the Dozer is available to fit my schedule and optimum soil conditions... about 3 days after a good rain the ground is ready to work cleaning up the trails and such.

I expect a bigger machine to have higher costs...

Mine is 70hp and around #16500 pounds with blade, ripper and rops.