BIG TOY

/ BIG TOY #1  

yardman1

Tractor
Kubota M 4900
I bought a 980G loader and it has forks on it. I want a bucket but have not found one yet any one know where I can find a used one, it needs to be 7 are 8 yard bucket.

/ BIG TOY #2  
I can't help of where to get one. But, (as you probably already know) be ready to open your pocketbook real wide. We have a JD 544 loader at work that we just bought a new 2.5 yd bucket for and it was $14k.

/ BIG TOY
well I got it at such a good deal. It had a fire in the motor compartment burnt the hood off it. I am making a new hood for it. had to buy new wireing harness and throtle cable but all is good about it I will need a new window for it also, but I know a new bucket will cost from caterpiler so I am looking for a used bucket. found some in canada but still looking before buying one. just wanted to tell about it here. maybe someone bought one at a auction and was going to cut it up for junk but maybe not.

/ BIG TOY #4  
We looked for a used one first also. We were in a bit of a hurry and nothing turned up quick so we had to go with a new one. Our machine was like yours... it had forks when we got it.

Good luck.

/ BIG TOY
I put my wiring harness on it yesterdy and got it to run and today was able to put the throttle cable on it. and all I can say is WOW it is fast for a big machine. I picked up a full size oak tree with it and it is STRONG. think i am going to like it a lott it is made to pick up a trailer full of logs so I probble have not tested it's full potential yet.

/ BIG TOY #6  
Awesome! I'm not real sure of that machine you have... but if it uses a 7 yd. bucket... I can only imagine!! That 544 we have is quite amazing... and it only uses a 2.5 yd bucket. The other day we had an old 3/4 ton truck that was totaled out in a wreck... it needed to be moved to the back yard which is about 1/4 mile away. We just got under the frame of the truck with the forks... picked 'er up and took off. It's fun to have that kind of power and know that the tractor is capable of a lot more!

Good luck with your new "big toy!"

/ BIG TOY #7  
How about Rockland Mfg. out of Bedford, PA? I have an older catalog of theirs that shows that they can build a General Purpose bucket for a 980G in 6.5-, 7-, 7.5-, or 8-yards. They only weigh 5,400 to 6,700 pounds!

The phone number for Rockland is 1-800-458-3773.

By the way, what material do you have that needs to be moved in 7-yard chunks?

Piloting a Cat 980G sounds like a dream vacation of mine. Yardman1, you have heard of dude ranches where rich people come to rough it? Just transfer the idea to your situation. You could charge crazy money for seat time on your 980G wheel loader. You could get people with equipment addictions to put some hours on your wheel loader. Give them a flourescent yellow t-shirt, their own hard hat, and steel-toe boots. Put them to work and laugh all the way to the bank.

I hope that my first stay at your 'ranch' will be free since I gave you the idea.