Silver Member

Default mechanical thumb for backhoe

What's the pros and cons vs. hydraulic one? I'm also a welder, thinking of fabbing my own. would use it to set rock ect. thank's, Tool

Elite Member

Default Re: mechanical thumb for backhoe

I have a mechanical on mine and the only thing I could think of would be not having to climb off and on the tractor to set it up.
    ::Sent from a standard desktop keyboard::

My Photobucket

Gold Member
    Tractor
    kubota

The only con side I have heard of is $$$$, aside from that I think everyone would get a mechanical thumb instead of a fixed thumb.

If you can fab your own, a few pieces of steel sitting around the shop, would be easy to find. Then go buy a hydraulic ram, hose and fittings, it seems like you solved the $$$$ problem that the rest of us run into.

steve
    Kubota L3430HST with 723 loader and 6'bucket, Greenline 6", 9" & 12" post hole digger, Land Pride 5' Brush hog, toothbar, 72" land Pride box blade, canopy, Kuhn 6' rototiller, 8' landscape rake, post driver, WOODS BH90x with hydraulic thrumb.

Silver Member

Thank's guys. I use to weld full time shop has plasma ,mig, and stick.

tons of iron. Tool